Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Bestest Lip Balm Ever!!


For those interested in making your own cosmetics and the like, I thought I would share this recipe for Lip Balm. It is fantastic, really works and doesn't lick off so easy! It smells like an after-dinner mint, but it doesn't really taste that way unfortunately.


1 1/2 oz beeswax
1 1/2 oz shea butter
1 oz cocoa butter
2 oz sweet almond oil
few drops peppermint essential oil (to taste)
a bit of cooking chocolate (again, to taste) - use the best stuff if you can
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil.

In a Bain Marie (or bowl over a pot of water if you like) melt beeswax over a very low heat. When melted, add the cocoa and shea butters, melt and then add sweet almond oil. Add chocolate and melt, then add the vitamin e oil. Remove from heat and stir in essential oil. Pour into containers and let sit until cool.
This turns out a light chocolatey colour - quite pretty :)

Makes for very kissable lips!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger ms*robyn said...

great !
I am wanting to make my own face cleansers etc. any recipes ?
I have had my aromatherapist make me up some but I am sure I could do it if only I could find the recipes. what fun!
by the way - don't forget me (re the B*leaf newsletter) am looking forward to it.
I am so glad you have a blog, it makes it so much easier to keep in touch this way and its fun
as you can see, I am on the computer once again :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

That looks like an excellent idea - will give it a try!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

This sounds really good...thanks for the recipe..I would love any others you would like to share.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home