Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Getting To Know You....

Seeing as how it's now 2006, and I'm new to this blogging thing, I thought I'd tell you 26 things about myself that you may or may not already know. (Notice I left the two zeros out? We'd be here for a month!)

1: I'm messy - and I don't make the bed every day.
2: I don't have a favourite food - I like them all, except cooked veges.
3: My favourite colour isn't really pink - it's cornflower blue.
4: I have three children to two different fathers.
5: I want to move to the middle of nowhere and be self-sufficient.
6: I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
7: I don't care anymore about what I want to be when I grow up.
8: My ex was emotionally abusive and unfaithful, but I stayed with him for 10 years.
9: I was unfaithful to him once.
10: I believe in fairies and goddesses.
11: The computer takes up way too much of my time.
12: I am a procrastinator.
13: I'm afraid of creepy-crawlies - I can't abide them at all, they give me the shivers.

14: I love ironing tea towels.
15: I hate to iron anything else.
16: I can ride a horse quite competently (I took lessons).
17: I have a scar on my face from a bad horse-riding accident (that's why I took lessons).
18: I hate crowds.
19: I like having my friends drop in for a cuppa.
20: My favourite place is my bed.
21: I leave a lot of things unfinished - but not this year!
22: I play netball, and I'm very competitive about it. I don't like to lose.
23: I think I'm getting too old to play netball (too many injuries) But I won't give it up.
24: I'm a romantic.
25: I live in my head a lot.
26: At 35, I'm only just starting to find out who I really am.

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger shellyC said...

This is getting spooky....I counted 13 of your 26 things about you that apply to me!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

13! If you're ever in Brisbane, or I'm in Canberra? we'll have to get together - we'd get on like a house on fire!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

enjoyed this...some things applied to me too...ssshhh dont tell anyone, but I dont make the beds either!

8:26 PM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Thanks for helping us get to know you a bit better. Just one thing is troubling me...why would you iron your tea towels??! (I avoid ironing ANYTHING if I possibly can. My kids are perpetually dresssed in the 'crumpled look')

10:04 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Ironing the tea towels is something I find quite soothing - I make a ritual out of it, and I always use Orange Flower Water to spray them. I like seeing them all clean and pressed, and then I put them away in their special drawer lined with a scented liner! Ok, I'm just strange I admit it!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I have 16 things in common with you Flossy which I guess just goes to show that you are "normal" lolol. Or should I say WE are ALL "normal" :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger The Rich Gypsy said...

Loved getting to know you better Suzie! And ... um ... I can count quite a few similarities there too. Hmm ... I'd like to try this. Thanks for being so honest.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home