Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gratitude, Motivation and Simple Abundance

This year, like Ms*Robyn, I am following the Simple Abundance path.
Each morning I have been reading the book, but today was my first day I could really have a true morning ritual for myself.
The first thing I did after the kids left for school, was have a shower. It's not only to clean my body, I find it cleanses my mind too. Then I made a cup of tea, unplugged the phone, and gathered together the things I wanted.
I ate a slice of coconut cake that I made last night, and really tasted it. I savoured every morsel and enjoyed the contrast in textures of the cake itself and the smoothness of the creamy icing. My cup of Earl Grey tea was perfect in taste and temperature, and so enjoyable.
I then drew a card from my Grace pack, which told me to "Ask". That divine guidance is always there for me when I ask for it. I smiled, because today, for the first time, I truly realise that I have everything I need to make the most of life at my disposal. All the tools I need are within me, to use every single day. Now I knew this already, but this morning I accepted it. Big difference.
After that it was a meditation, which told me that dreams DO come true. It was the loveliest thing. And finally, my gratitude journal, which is evolving into a journal full of daily blessings and positivity, ready to read whenever I feel I need a jump start.
I feel fantastic, because I took an hour of my day to dedicate wholly to myself, and there is no guilt involved at all in this sort of pleasure. I have replenished myself and blessed my day, and can now get on with the business of my life, in the kindest possible way.
This is something I have promised myself for every morning, and it motivates me to get things done more than anything else I have tried (and I have tried a lot!).
So this is a big public thank you for all that is good in my world...

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger jellyhead said...

This sounds like such a blissful way to start the day! Hope you have a really fulfilling and happy day.

I'm off to do grocery shopping, with 2 kids in tow, but might get that peaceful cup of tea when we return!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

I've started the Simple Abundance journey, properly this year too flossy ~ and I love it.

1:55 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

sadly my simple abundance got way layed on the cruise, however I am ready to go now. I did take the book but it was so hard to follow and put into action while cruising.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home