Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How DID You Get That Name?


Thought I would share how my darling husband-to-be got such a ridiculous name :)
His parents are Finnish and his real name is Jouko (pronounced yoko), but his older brother nicknamed him Yog when they were young. When Yog moved out here to the middle of nowhere, Jukka was already living here, and introduced him to everyone as "Yog". I hate the name personally, and never use it (usually calling him Hon instead LOL), but most people can't pronounce his real name, so it's stuck.
He's a carpenter, and can turn his hand to most things, including concreting, plastering and painting. Very handy to have around. An old surfer at heart, he lives in boardies and thongs when he's not working, and very rarely has a shirt on either :)
He's a Sagittarius, born in early December (I'm a Cancerian - can you imagine what that is like!), and quite a gentle soul. Hates to upset people and wants everyone to like him, and they do. Quietly spoken (actually, I think he mumbles, drives me insane), he is happiest watching the cricket or footy wth a beer in hand, in his shed (otherwise known as "the sanctuary").
When all is said and done, it doesn't matter to me what he's called....

I Love You Yog!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger ms*robyn said...

can't wait for the wedding !
so - his name sounds like Yoko as in Yoko Ono?
yep, he looks like a surfie and I do hope he wears sunscreen.

nice story, flossy ...ahhhh young love ;)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

very handsome man and very lucky to have you in his life!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home