Friday, January 06, 2006

Sleeping In

I woke up at 3am this morning, when a huge crack of thunder crashed over our house. Not the most pleasant way to be woken I am thinking. The power went out for a bit and I lay in the dark, listening to the rain get heavier and heavier. I think it lasted for a while, because Iwoke up later (unsure of the time as the clock was blinking) and thought, aaah I can sleep in because I'm not walking when it's raining!
Sloth that I am, I didn't rise until 7 o'clock, and I don't feel guilty at all :)
The weather today is predicted to be under 30 degrees for the first time in weeks - yay! I am going to make Harry Bear a new quilt today. I have the most gorgeous fabric from Moda - vintage airplanes, and I'm teaming it with a red and white polkadot trim and backed in a blue and white striped chambray. Hoping to have it finished by tomorrow, and of course will show you the results of my efforts.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I hope it keeps raining and cool, at least until you finish the quilt. I absolutely adore wet days in summer, especially when the blackbirds whistle all day. I don't particularly like the heat, nor the dryness of the countryside in the summer when it's hot. I admit that the yellow paddocks can look lovely in the early morning or evening - when it's cooler - but I think I really belong somewhere GREEN.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Glad it's a little cooler for you there flossy.
We are having glorious days here about 24 degrees. This morning I was awake at 4.30am and laid in bed staring out the window at the world outside...dawn slowly broke and it was so special looking at the break of a brand new day...the river was so calm ~ it felt quite spiritual.
Anyway ~ I can't wait to see pics of your boys new quilt ~ Have a lovely day :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

hope you got a nice bit of rain ~ we have had gorgeous weather the past few days, raining, misty and cold - yes it got down to 14 degrees on Wednesday night! and the mist was so thick I could see the street lamps glowing through it.
enjoy the sewing !

12:14 PM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Hi Flossy,

We've had lots of storms here, too - on Thursday night it thundered for about 1`1/2 hours, keeping me and my smallest child awake pretty much the entire time (sigh!)

Thanks for saying hello on my blog. :)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home