Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This Year

After giving it some thought, I have decided on my goals and aspirations for this year. Instead of making rash, little-thought out decisions on Jan 1st, I have taken time this year, to really think about what I want to achieve over the next 12 months. So here goes...

Declutter, declutter, declutter! This is a really important one for me. I am a bit of a pack rat, so I am going to work hard on this, just a bit at a time, so it's not overwhelming. Once I get this done, I believe things will flow more around the home.

Routine - I need one. I have worked it out, and have my days for housework sorted. I am taking
  • Alison's advice and having one day for each task, eg laundry, baking, cleaning etc. I have been a bit haphazard with my houskeeping in the past, and it just can't go on. It is my choice to be at home, looking after my family, and I want to do the best job I can, just as if I was in paid employment. I am easing my way into it, and will be up and running fully when the kids return to school in a couple of weeks.

  • Attitude. This one I'm pretty good at. I'm generally a positive person, but I have my days, like everyone. This year I will keep that going, and be aware that my thoughts create my reality. I want a nice, happy life. I also want to be in a place where my thoughts, words and actions align. I have learnt I am happiest when I am being authentic, no matter what other's think of me. My friends and family think I'm a little kooky, but they love and accept me for who I am. I will not accept negative people into my life this year.

    Creativity. I need to focus. I get very scattered when I am working on creative projects. If I start something and I'm not happy with it, I put it aside and start something else. This needs to stop! I have many, many unfinished projects. I won't necessarily finish those I have sitting from last year, but I this year, I will finish what I start. One thing at a time. It will keep my sewing room tidier too!

    And last, but not least, I will decide in what direction I want to get my business going in. But I refuse to pigeonhole myself. I can and should be able to create any way I want to, and I want my business to reflect that. And I will not undersell myself or my creations. I put a lot of time and energy into them, and their price should reflect that. I love what I do, and I will have confidence that others will love my things too. I will get my things out there this year.

    --------------------oOo--------------------

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Kali said...

    Good for you Floss ~ I have no doubt that you will achieve your goals...Go girl!

    3:59 PM  
    Blogger shellyC said...

    Mind if i copy and paste your list and then print it out really bold and hang it somewhere where I WILL see and be reminded of it!!!!!! I am so with you on the declutter one!!!!!

    We should keep each other pasted on how we are going with it!!!
    shelly

    3:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home