Friday, January 20, 2006

Won't You Join Me For A Cup of Tea?


Let's have a Tea Party.
First, we need to know trivia about tea - you can find everything you ever wanted to know about tea at
Romancing The Tea.
Now, lets find some suitably pretty teapots and cups.
The Staffordshire Garden has a wonderful variety for you to browse through. You could also try Lady of the Lake for some delightful sets.
Table linens?
The Old Lace and Linen Shop has some droolworthy items for you.
For some inspiation on all things vintage, including tea parties, subscribe to
The Gilded Lily, a stunning publication that's released quarterly.
Planning a Victorian Tea Party will tell you everything you need to know about tea party etiquette, and even provides you with menus!
So now you are ready to have your Tea Party - don't forget to invite me!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Would love to join you for a cup of tea Flossy. Have you seen the Martha Stewart "Earl Grey Cookies" Recipe ? So appropriate for afternoon tea...dont you think ?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

Okay ~ I'm popping over too, and on the way I'll pick up Maureen and whoever else wants to join us (who wouldn't!).
I'll check your links out later ~ thanks, they all sound fun.
Thanks Maureen, now I need to go and find that "Earl Grey Cookies" recipe ~ Mark lives on that tea.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

MMmmmmm... I would dearly love to join you Flossy... though it will have to wait until my apple cinnamon tea cake is finished baking. I thought it would go well witht he earl grey! Should I wear a hat? xx Nicole.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

I do have the Earl Grey cookie recipe - it's my favourite cuppa, so I couldn't resist. I haven't made them yet - maybe next baking day? But apple cinnamon teacake sounds divine, I could go some of that!
And I think hats and gloves would be nice, don't you?

4:41 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Tea parties always make me wish that I could stomach tea. They're just so old-fashioned and lovely.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for adding me to your blogroll. I'm really honored to be on such a short list.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home