Friday, February 24, 2006

Another Day...


Thanks so much for all your supportive comments about my "ickiness" yesterday. I realised this morning that I didn't get the time to write in my Gratitude Journal yesterday (I forgot to unplug the phone and was interrupted), and I do believe that may have contributed to my feeling odd about everything. I am fast learning that once you start being grateful, it is not something you should stop doing! Even if only for a day. It's a part of my daily routine now, every weekday morning, and it centres me for the rest of the day, even if I'm not consciously aware of it.

So, anyway... I have decided to learn to crochet. It was something I never mastered when I was younger, and I so want to be able to make little doilies and pretty edgings. I have a couple of books from the library and I picked up this leaflet from the op shop this afternoon...


As soon as I get some time, I will be head down, figuring out the intricacies of slipstitch, half treble and double treble!
I also found this great book with loads of bread recipes that I want to try - note the price, what a bargain!





And finally, I thought I would show you my very own, hand-drawn plan of what my new kitchen will look like. Hopefully in about 18 months or so - you can't rush these things *lol* (You will need to click on the pic to enlarge it.)


--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Hi Flossy ~ glad your feeling better. I've been trying to teach myself to crochet, and my just last week my sweet Mum (inlaw), dropped a big old book she'd found at a carboot, and a doily she'd made for me...i can't wait to be able to make all the lovely pretties by crocheting. Hmmm, home~made bread, simply nothing nicer is there?
I'm very impressed with your self designed kitchen (and love the butler/farmhouse sink), I've always, always wanted one of those!
It will be worth the wait.
Have a smashing weekend hon :)

p.s. dreamt of you and ms*robyn last night...LOL

8:08 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I just picked up a couple of old handicraft books today to relearn crochet aswell.Race to our first doily!The kitchen plans look great I am so looking forward to getting mine finished!That maybe a race I wouldn't win!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Sorry I missed you yesterday, don't know why or what I was doing, though 'sorry' all the same. I'm ever so pleased you are feeling better.. icky is not a good feeling. Looove the crochet book, as I collect the pretty lacy things, that only a crochet hook can produce. Looove the prices too! MMMmmmm fresh bread.. we lost the little hook out of our bread maker last year and I haven't yet gotten around to replacing it.. bad, very bad! About this kitchen of yours, what colours and flavours etc etc???
Have a lovely Sunday ;)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

YOu dont know this - but YOU inspired me to clean out all my kitchen cupboards last weekend...yes and the temps here were in the high 30's too...see what an inspiration you are??? !!!
I love how clean and fresh my cupboards are now...only have tow more to go!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Wow, I am so happy that I inspired you to clean your cupboards GG. I haven't even done mine yet! It's a great feeling though isn't it?

Nicole, I want VJ timber cupboards painted cream. The bench on the island will be timber, and I haven't decided on the other benches yet - Sweetie mentioned granite, but I'm not sure the budget will stretch that far! I know for sure it won't be cream laminate. I've had that before and it's just too hard to keep looking nice.

Not doing so well on the crochet - I think I need someone to show me! But I'll keep trying in the meantime, you never know it might just "click".

Hugs,
floss

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home