Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Big Step for Floss!


It may or may not surprise you to know, that I am not a terribly organised person. Particularly when it comes to my housework and finances (eek!). Alison has inspired me for the longest time now, but I still haven't got it together. I tend to work in fits and starts, going like a maniac for a few days and then slacking off for a couple of weeks. (I know, I know).

Well bloggers, today I spent my time preparing my " household notebook". I'm sure most of you know what that is, but I'll explain how I've done mine anyway...

As I'm a stationary freak, I didn't have any problems finding a binder to keep everything in, as well as hundreds of page protectors/pockets. Oh, and dividers. I had all these things sitting around doing absolutely nothing, so you can probably tell I've been meaning to do this for a while :)
In my (I love this) "Home Blessing Planner" I have categories for my routines, cleaning recipes and tips, a calendar, financials, phone numbers and birthdays, projects etc.

I did a budget today and worked out exactly how much money we need a week (alot!) and whether it gets transferred to a seperate account, stays where is or is taken out for cash envelopes. I feel very clever and smug about this, despite the fact I should have done it years ago!
I have all my master forms for meal plans, baking plans grocery lists etc tucked in there too.
I worked out my daily and weekly routines, but I haven't done the monthly ones yet - I will be working on that tomorrow. I did make a rather nice cover for my binder, however - I think if it's going to be something I use everyday, then I want it to look special. I want to get some nice pens and bits and bobs to go with it, to encourage myself to use it.

I especially like the idea of calling the housework "blessing the home". So much nicer than drudgery, don't you think?

All in all, I am feeling quite pleased with myself, thank you very much. A productive days work.
I'm off to type up those routines now - Goodnight!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Garden girl said...

catching up on blog reading today as I was too ill to read any last week...pretty planner flossie...I dont have a prob with housework or chores, but I suppose 'blessing ' makes it more appealing for some. I have a freind who calls it that too after reading the abundance book too.

10:53 PM  
Blogger fairycakegirl said...

What a wonderful idea, permission to do the same?

10:58 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Hope you are feeling better now Kassie :)

Wendy, by all means go ahead and make yourself a pretty planner - it's certainly not my original idea *lol* But it's a great idea!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger BrocanteHome said...

Oh well done you!! I'm so proud of you!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

It is a great idea and something I could particularly use for the finacial planning aspect. Thanks for sharing yours.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Proud of you Flossy!! Great idea, I have done the same thing..made it pretty to look at so I want to actually open it up!! Have fun with this!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

I like the idea of a notebook, how clever. I am also a nut for organizing and I may try your idea out. Thanks

11:57 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

That is impressive. I tend to work in spurts and rest up..inbetween. It suits me....I think. *smile* Of course, there is always room for improvement as the saying goes.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home