Monday, February 20, 2006

Can we fix it? I hope so...

Snow. I want snow. Something cool and white. Somewhere cool and white. Somewhere I can sit and be still without sweating.



One more summer - that's all I have to get through and then we'll install air conditioning.
Although it strikes me as quite ridiculous to want to live in a place where you have to run an air conditioner, 24 hours a day for 6 months of the year, just to be comfortable.
I have said it before and I'll say it again - I am a cool climate gal!

It has been hot and steamy for over a week now, with no relief. We are meant to be sub-tropical, but it is definitely more tropical lately.

The world's weather patterns have gone crazy in the last ten years - what have we (the human race) done? Taken our beautiful planet for granted, genetically engineered food, cloned sheep and generally behaved like Frankenstein.
I demand a return to the ways of our fore-fathers. New is not necessarily improved, and created food is just damn wrong!

Are you with me?

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger VintagePretty said...

I am very much with you! The unfortunate thing is, that as the world's populations have grown, so has the need for space and housing. This means more energy and using of the worlds resources (and also more damage done). If we all made changes, every single one of us, then things in 10 years would be very different. But I fear, as it stands, things won't change and it'll be too late!

I couldn't live in a hot country like Australia - I once visited Viet Nam, which was just *too* hot. What about moving to a cooler part of Australia? Mind you, at the moment, I'm not sure you'd love England with the gales and hailstorms we've had today!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I don't know that it's necessarily the humans fault entirely for the climate changes. Sure we've sped it up, but this happens. It's why we have things like ice ages, etc. In fact scientists say we're just coming out of an ice age now - hence why the polar ice caps are melting. They also believe the hole in the ozone is something that's happened before and it will repair itself. All of this is not really all that unusual - it's part of the cycle of the earth.

But I am with you on the whole genetically engineered food issue. I do not need fish genes spliced into my apples thank you very much.

2:35 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

Floss, don't get me started on either what is happening to our gorgeous planet or the heat.
I absolutely hate the heat and have blogged many times about it - I was beamed down to the wrong country. and planet earth ? grrrrrrrrrr.
hugs to you sweetie - please assure me, you are going to keep blogging!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Robyn, I have far too much to say to stop blogging! No-one listens to me at home, so I have to inflict it on you poor unfortunates! *lol*

Love to you all xxx

6:12 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

I'm with you Flossy...lol. Inflict away with your blog, I love it.


Hugs

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home