Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Little Motivation

Oooooh, the whole getting into the fabric thing has got me going today!
After making up some scrumptious crafty care packages, I got a little bit motivated to approach the sewing machine.
Have I told you how much I loooove my machine? It's a
Janome Memorycraft 10001 and it does all sorts of neat tricks :)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have told you about my obsession with tea towels. So I picked a couple out of my stash today and sewed them together to make these "Smooshy Picnic Pillows" (named for the thing they do when you put your head on them - they go smooshy!)
I need to make a couple more yet, plus a "Smooshy Picnic Quilt" to go with them. They will live in the back of my station wagon.



You see, the netball season starts shortly, and that means early morning starts for me and my girls to get to places all over the countryside by some ungodly hour, only to have to make camp on some uncomfortable hillside somewhere. Well not this year! This year we will have our smooshies and maybe a knitted blanket to make life a bit more scrumptious this winter...

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger jellyhead said...

Great colours, great idea!

10:33 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

I love the colours, they look fab together. What a really good plan. I used to play netball, but I wasn't very good I don't think - although I made the team at high school!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

What cheerful colors!! Enjoy!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

They look great flossy ~ I love using tea towels to whip something new and original with!

p.s.. I spotted your sewing machine, in your other photos and nearly fell off my chair...it's gorgeous! I've just got an old basic little grunter...LOL

6:28 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Thanks girls!

kali, I only got that machine last year - took me forver o pay it off, but it's sooo worth it. I still have my old machine, which is great too, but this one does embroidery, which is what I really, really wanted. It's also updatable from the net, so basically, I'll never have to replace it! It pretty much does everything except cook the dinner LOL.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

does you r machine do embroidery too? I would LOVE a machine that does this....oh oh getting creative thoughts again! lol!!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

The pillows are great Suzie. I hope you enjoy them. And yes your machine looks fab from the photos I've seen. I've just a more basic machine which was a Christmas gift this year. But I find that I prefer hand-sewing anyhow.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pillows are great Suzie. I hope you enjoy them. And yes your machine looks fab from the photos I've seen. I've just a more basic machine which was a Christmas gift this year. But I find that I prefer hand-sewing anyhow. w.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home