Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Starting Something...


Why, oh why, do I do these things???

In a fit of...something, this morning, I decided to clean and organise the walk-in-wardrobe. You would think I would know better than to rush into these things all gung-ho and full of enthusiasm. But, I don't seem to learn from my mistakes!

You see, I could have put some thought into it beforehand and worked out how I wanted it to look and what I needed to have in order to achieve it. Instead, I hauled everything out (and there was a huge amount of "stuff" in there), and threw it on the bed or the floor. I then proceeded to wash all the walls and shelving and vacuum the floor. Sounds good so far doesn't it? Keep reading...

Deciding that the whole thing needed a drastic makeover, in the manner of
BrocanteHome, a trip to the shops was in order. New coathangers (including about 15 to cover in pretty fabric!!), paper liners for the shelves, a shoe hanger, laundry hamper and those vacuum bags to store out of season clothes. Oh, and some hooks.
Not finding shelf liners, I got some pretty paper and sprayed it with room spray instead - the only problem with that was, I had to cut it to size. Which I did, and that was about all I had time for.

Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, there is still stuff all over the bedroom, and I have made a huge project for myself. Do you think I'll get those coathangers finished tomorrow? I hope so, because I have gotten rid of all the others, so have nothing to hang my clothes on.

Note to self - next time I feel the urge to do a major declutter, sit down and plan it first!!!

By the way, the photo above is NOT my closet - I refuse to take a picture until it's all finished the way I want.

--------------------oOo--------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger BrocanteHome said...

Yey for making a mess! Won't be long till it's scrumptiously, fragrantly beautiful...

8:48 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

seems we have lots in common flossy. I do this all the time but push myself to get it finished, whatever the hour. then go to bed absolutely exhausted. for what? in a week or two it is back the same. take it easy - we both need to learn to relax :) looking forward to travelling the simple abundant path with you xoxo

9:18 PM  
Blogger The Rich Gypsy said...

Ha ha Flossy ... my biggest boy has been sleeping in my bed with me for ... oooooh ... nearly a week because I went on a rampage through his bedroom ready for a big chuck out. We had a baby blue tongue lizard come into his room (lizards seem to gravitate towards my home) and the boys were given the mission to rescue it as~gently~as~possible. So they started the mess by lifting things and moving things and I decided it was a good time to go full steam ahead with a total clean out. Problem is ... my time has been needed doing a million other things (where is all the peace and quiet I thought was supposed to come with having three children at school?). BUT TODAY ... is, REALLY IS, the day.

(Do you sell your pretty hangers on your eBay auctions? I love nice hangers).

5:59 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Well kerry, we will both be going at it today then!

I haven't sold anything on ebay since before Xmas, but I am starting to get the urge again, and I have so many of these hangers to make, I might just sell one or two! (I have very few clothes, so don't really need them for me!)

Good luck with your blitz...

6:19 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I did exactly the same thing last weekend only with what we call 'The Glory Hole'.It's actually an original cupboard built under the attic stairs.Full of my stash of vintage fabrics,buttons,ribbons etc and also Christmas decs and out of season coats.Anyway we are still sleeping in the guest room!Tomorrow I WILL reclaim my own bed.It's been kind of nice though like having a few nights away!

6:33 AM  
Blogger fairycakegirl said...

Oh flossy, I'm so glad you do those things too. The times I have so regretted pulling everything out of cupboards and ending up with a sore head, sore back and total chaos! Glad Alison hasn't mentioned anything about a seasonal scrub yet!

8:05 AM  
Blogger shellyC said...

sounds like something i would do...so i am NOT going top do it anytime soon!!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good luck to you Flossy.. I would love to see those hangers when you are finished.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Organizing! I love organizing. One of my favorite things to do. Can I come and help? And what I wouldn't give to have a beautiful closet like the one you posted.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Sara, please come and help!! :)

Nicole, I am about to start on some hangers and I will definitely show and tell when they're done...

10:23 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

As soon as I come up with the money for a trip to Australlia, I'll be right there. ;)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home