Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Weddings and Such...


As it's Valentine's Day, I thought it was as good a time as any to talk about weddings.
Mimi @ Little Sips of Tea is getting married, and I am supposed to be too on the 1st of December.

I have never been married before (shock horror!), and after wanting it so badly, for so long, now that I have that engagement ring on my finger, I'm not so worried about it. I'm a contrary piece of work!

No, really, I only want a quiet, simple wedding at home. But I still want it to be "nice" and of course ever so pretty. My neighbour, Julie has offered us the use of her lovely garden for the ceremony, as we have a rather barren landscape at our place right now, so that's taken care of. But I have no idea at all, what I'm going to do about the rest of it! All I know, so far, is that we are having a champagne breakfast, as it gets very hot in the afternoons at that time of year.

And I'm planning on doing it all myself. I think. We'll see. Maybe not.

So much to do...

**Happy Valentine's Day**



--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Happy Hearts Day to you, dear Flossy!!!!
Wow....a wedding...I love them.
Great cake! So many choices now. You should have fun planning those details.

9:10 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

hehe, it is the year for getting married! My fiancé and I tie the knot on the 21st June and there is still so much to do! It's a scary thought that it is now only 4 months and 1 week away :-s

12:29 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

ooh lots getting married this year.
if I remember rightly, Flossy - ms*kerry & myself were going to gate crash your wedding if you didn't send us an invite ;)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

LOL Robyn, I had better make sure I send you two an invite then!

6:23 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

seriously - I really think we should all get together oneday. for a weekend - I can fly up there - oh what fun!
there would be me, you, ms*kerry - maybe Dolly and then Kali - Gina from Victoria and I think the two gals from Perth and Alice from Canberra..... sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Please share what plans you care to Flossy, there is nothing nicer than hearing how the wedding plans are going. It will all work out - just DON'T PANIC...lol.

Have a lovely day

Hugs

Catherine

10:01 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I so very much wish I lived closer to you... you see I am a wedding cake designer and decorater.. and I could have whipped something magical up for you. Oh well! I wish you nothing but joy and happiness for your upcoming wedding. Hugs to you.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Flossy,
Thank you for visiting Patra's Places and leaving nice comments! I am sure your wedding will be everything you want it to, as long as you don't stress too much about it - that seems to be the undoing of so many brides and their mums! Ken and I were married in a park by a civil celebrant, with only our families and a few close friends present. I wore a long blue dress with a white picture hat adorned with blue flowers. It was a beautiful start to our marriage :-)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home