Monday, February 06, 2006

Will You Just Make a Decision?????


Oh the trials and tribulations of being a teenager!

Today was the first day of training for Representative netball at our local association. Miss*Gabbie did not trial for the team this year, deciding that she would have a year off. Her age group are in desperate need of an extra player (as they lost their shooter - Miss*G), otherwise they can't play. The Princess is playing this year and we took her to training today, and being there, Miss*G now can't make up her mind about whether she should play or not.

So, she is umming and aahing about it all - she finds it hard to make a decision about what type of biscuit to have, let alone something like this!

Personally, I would like to see her play, as she has put a lot of work into developing her skills, and she is very good, but I respect that it is her choice. At one point she was thinking about playing for a different district, but now she just doesn't know what to do. At 14 going on 15, I think she is old enough to make up her own mind, but I have had to tell her she only has until the end of the week - otherwise we will be debating this for the rest of the year!

I dread to think what is going to happen when she starts thinking seriously about career options...

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger ms*robyn said...

she isn't by any chance a Libran, is she?

9:14 PM  
Blogger The Rich Gypsy said...

Hey ms*robyn ... I'm a Libran!!! (Actually ~ a Libran to a 'T' the way they're described in all those star sign books). But you're right ... weighing up all the sides. It's taken me 38 years to discipline myself to consider my choices; make a decision; stick to it. What a relief that is.

Is she Libran, Suzie?

11:14 PM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Despite exhibiting that very Libran trait of indecision, she is actually a Scorpio. Go figure.

11:18 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

my daughter ms*louisa is a libran and making decisions is not her forte, let me tell you. even which undies to wear each day takes hours. gypsy gal - for her husbands sake, I sure hope she eventually disciplines herself enough to make decisions.
maybe your ms*gab has Libra rising !

6:15 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Maybe...it's very frustrating to me. I make snap decisions and then change my mind later. Seems to work! *lol*

6:25 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You have a very pretty daughter.....I have a hard time making up my mind sometimes. You see, the thing is, we can look at something from both sides and see the good points of each. But, its like passing up some pretty while out shopping and feeling virtuous for doing it and then the next day regretting it. Ever have that happen? Or buying, and a week later, thinking.......smile

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home