Tuesday, March 21, 2006

By Request

This is especially for Jellyhead who asked for another sweet treat!

I was going to post a recipe for the loveliest, foolproof banana cake, but as the price of bananas is about to go throught the roof, thanks to Cyclone Larry, I changed my mind. Here instead, is a recipe for Ginger Crunch. Now I'm not a particularly big fan of ginger myself, but this really is a delicious treat to have with yur mid-morning coffee or tea! No picture as I'm too lazy to actually make it right now :)

Ginger Crunch
125g (4oz) butter
125g (4oz) sugar
200g (7oz)flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cream butter and sugar, add sifted dry ingredients. Knead well and press in to a shallow, greased tin. Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 190 degrees celcius.
Meanwhile, melt together in a saucepan:

4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 teaspoons ground ginger

Pour over cake while cake is still hot, and cut into squares before it gets cold.

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger jellyhead said...

OH YUM! Flossy, this sounds soooo good. I love ginger in cakes/slices etc.

Thank you, thank you!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Oh, if only it didn't have calories! This sounds so delicous!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

YUM! And the meatloaf... YUM again! I know what I'm making very soon at this house! By the way, the muffins turned out just perfectly. They didn't last through the evening.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ginger, did someone say ginger?

That is my absolute favorite. Gingerbread, gingersnaps, gingerbread cookies...yummy, yummy...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I will give this ago.. simply because I am so sick of making ginger bread men! My chickens are fanatical about ginger bread and how many different shapes mummy can make it in lol. Aaaagh!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Sounds yummy. Ginger is a real favourite of mine. We don't have golden syrup over here. They use molasses, but it's not the same, and I don't like the taste nearly as much. I miss golden syrup!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home