Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Geez, I'm so cranky with myself!

I went and had a lay down for half an hour this afternoon, and then got up to do my cutting out. But I was sooo tired and sore that I couldn't focus properly, so I gave up before I made a huge mistake and stuffed up some perfectly lovely fabric. I went back to my cozy bed and lay back down.
But all the while I was laying there, I was upset that I wasn't doing the work I had planned to do.

And then it hit me.

I make things because I enjoy making them. I don't want to feel pressured about it, or feel like I have to do it, because I need to make some money this week. That just takes all the enjoyment out of it for me.
So I got to thinking a little bit more, and I think I may go back to what I was doing up until Christmas - fabric. I adore fabric, and I love scouring the world (on the net!) looking for gorgeous fabrics to share with Australian quilters (and others from around the world too). From that, I can expand into lots of different ventures, such as block of the month, a fabric club and other neat little ideas I have had this afternoon.

I need to start slowly and build it up, but I had some success selling fabric sets on ebay, and I think an online version of fabric heaven would suit me down to the ground!

So what do you think?

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Go for it!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Sounds like a really great idea.Doing something you love just doesn't seem so much like hard work does it?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I think you can have the best of both worlds - buying/selling fabric as a business AND making the little things that you love for relaxation or profit, as you choose. There's nothing like a little variety to keep one from becoming stale or tired of just one thing.

Good luck with everything you do.

7:00 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

I think that is a great idea,Flossy. It is so important to do things we love to do and to try not to put more pressure on ourselves. go for what feels right for you and you can always change direction whenever you want. remember? there are no rules :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Go for it.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home