Friday, March 31, 2006

I have a request.

Would you all stop being so darned crafty and posting about it on your blogs? I am feeling remarkably inadequate.
Of course it's my own fault for being such a slacker, but that's not the point!

I have worked out what my problem is. I am an ideas man (girl). I have an incredible imagination, and I have ideas flowing all the time - I just can't keep up with them.

Right now, I have a thing floating around in my head that involves a vintage teacup, silk flowers, strings of pearls, along with buttons and Plaster of Paris. I also have quilt designs in there, cushions, folders, jewellery designs, 101 business ideas, collages, bags and purses, teatowels, clothes etc, etc.
I either need a partner, or I need to be a designer rather than a maker. (I do have this grand plan of being Australia's answer to Cath Kidston and Rachel Ashwell!)

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of one of the quilt tops I have been working on - I like it a lot and don't think I want to sell it! It needs to be finished (in burgundy backing and trim), but I think it looks good in my bedroom :) The other one is nearly done, but I'm going out for lunch today, so it will be Monday before I get back to it.




I also want to say a huge public thank you to the gorgeous Nicole for her exquisite painting she sent me. I have it in my bedroom where it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. Thank you Nicole, I am so happy to count you as a friend :)

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You know that song "Lean on me?" You have reminded me of it.. It was my absolute pleasure to reward you for having the most generous heart! 'A bunch of flowers looks so much prettier than a single one'.. we must stick together to conquer 'the others' lol - having a silly today day I think.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Nope sorry can't not be crafty, it's in my blood. Although looking at your stunning quilt I might have to send you some of mine so you can finish them for me...lol. You seem to be getting lots of UFO's done - I'm green with envy my dear.

11:15 AM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

The quilting is gorgeous, you clever thing!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You made that? Wow - that's extremely creative - I wouldn't even know where to start.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

This quilt is breathtaking! I gave up on quilting because what you have here in your post is what would be in my head. What would end up as my finished project looked more like a preschoolers first attempts at cutting and pasting! And I can relate to everything you just wrote. I have a million things in my head right now just dying to get out into fabric/paper/etc.. and not enough time. And I'm actually hoping that I can get a cute little vacant shop downtown for myself that I have been daydreaming about since it went on the market last week. I want to be the US version of Cath Kidston or Plumo or Lily Blue! You must be a kindred spirit, my dear...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Oh what beautiful fabric....love those roses!!! I wouldn't want to part with it either.

3:21 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

LOVE your quilts!!! I am like you..I have hundreds of ideas or things I want to make etc etc....when you work out how to get them all done...let me know..or better still come down and help me!!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

oh love quilts flossie..this one looks lovely!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hey Flossy,
I would like to say if you feel inadequate and can put together such a lovely quilt, then I am completely hopeless,its been yonks since I have worked on anything as pretty,such a beautiful achievement.Your up there with all of them. Have a happy week.
Gail

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home