Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm Still Here

Hi all.

I am still around and in one piece :) Just been a little busy...

The girls survived their carnival quite well, but no trophies from this one. Miss Gabbie has a strained knee, so is resting it for a week on the advice of her physiotherapist. The Princess came out physically unscathed, but it was a shock to her system. This is her first year at representative level, and I have to say she did a beautiful job at goal shooter all day. They both played 7 games each, and I spent all day running between them! I came away very sunburnt...
Unfortunately, there is a little girl in the Princess' team who is an absolute monster - I have never seen a 12 year old with an attitude like that. She stamps her feet, swears and all sorts of revolting behaviour - on court too! The Princess was ready to pull out of the team after witnessing it, but I (and many others) have spoken to the appropriate people, and it will get sorted out - if she doesn't stop, she's off the team. Our association prides itself on the behaviour of the girls when they are away at carnivals, and this child is truly awful, both on and off the court.
So the season is in full swing again, and my girls between them are at training 3 nights a week, as well as playing Saturdays and carnivals. The Princess is also umpiring this year. I am coaching Miss Gabbie's Saturday team, and they are a great bunch of girls with a lot of heart. They won their game with only 5 players on court on the weekend, against a team of 9. I am very proud of them!
As well as playing one day a week myself, I have been sewing a couple of quilts - unfinished projects from last year. I'm looking forward to getting them finished finally, but I think it will be another few days yet :)

You will find me very quiet over the winter, as netball is about the only thing I have going on. It takes up an awful lot of my time, and already I'm looking forward to Summer so I can go to garage sales and markets again! LOL

Oh and no photos as I was halfway there when I realised I had forgotten the camera (my memory is not so good at 5am).

--------------------oOo--------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Congratulations to your girls, not only for their success but for their sporting attitudes as well.

I remember the years of being heavily involved with sport - hockey, softball, cricket, baseball, gymnastics - and four children. But they were good years and we made lots of friends.

Thankfully though, it's very much quieter now and we can go at a more leisurely pace.

6:55 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

dear ms*floss - thanks so much for the comment on my blog!
I often wonder why children today are so angry. They seem to get so frustrated with having to live with rules - I guess it is up to parents to teach their children that in this society there are rules and we must all live by them. But sadly some don't think like that - hence what is happening on the netball court.
big hugs to you for being such a wonderful mum xoxo

7:02 AM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Glad you are back...was getting worried. Thankfully my kids are still a bit young but I can see those kind of weekends happening to us too....actually they kind of do with Marcel playing Sat. and me on Sun. plus the girls will start Minkey in the winter.....but this is bad...i have signed them up with a club who don't know me so I wont feel I need to get involved...not yet anyway!!

Look forward to seeing your quilts.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

There was never any doubt that you wouldnt pull through. You truly are a mum to look up at. Many mums should wish to be as good a mother as you are my sweet. Congratulations to your princess'..

10:18 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

i am exhausted just reading this post!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Yay that the girls did so well with netball and well done you for keeping up with it all. I'm ready for a nice lie down and a cuppa after reading about all you have done. You should be very proud of yourself in raising two girls who are good sports as well as being good at sports.

I feel sorry for that child who doesn't know how to behave on and off the court. How sad that her parents have never taught her the correct behaviour for a situation. I think she will be a lonely and frustrated child/woman.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Well Done to you and the girls ! I have been there and done that and now it makes me tired just thinking about it...lol Its true what they say...having kids is definitely for the young...you have to be, just to keep up with them. Enjoy !!! Youre a great Mum.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Congrats!! You are one busy lady...i'm sure you enjoy coaching the tea..how rewarding too! Keep us posted on how the season us coming along..hugs dear...

2:28 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

good to see you back too. Its been very quiet with both you and Robyn off line!
Don't go too quiet over winter as I will miss reading all your stuff Flossie!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Glad you're back - I bet you're exhausted! Can't wait to see pictures of your quilts, I bet they are gorgeous :-)

Keep on keeping on, and enjoy the netball!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

This is what REALLY stood out to me: the fact that you were up and out the door at 5 am, whether you had camera in hand or not!!!! I know it is currently 4:20 am here, but I have not yet been to bed because I get insomnia when dear hubby is out of town. But if I were to go to sleep, even if it were at 7 pm, there is no way I could drag my sorry rump out of the sack at that hour! You are a superwoman!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home