Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ow Ow Ow

Oh, I hurt. Yes, after five long months of doing no form of exercise whatsoever, I stepped onto a netball court this morning.
Oh boy, I'll be glad when my fitness level gets up a bit! I just want to sit and blob for the rest of the day, but no such luck - I have too much to do around here :(

By next week, I'll just be over all the stiffness and soreness, and I'll have to go out and do it all again *lol*

They made me play centre, you see. For those of you who don't know, that is the position for mugs, that has to run from one end of the court to the other continuously...hopefully I did such a lousy job at it they won't make me play there again!

I'm going to go and have a wee rest before I stuck into cutting out fabrics - if I'm not back within a day or so, you'll know I'm in bed!!

Edited: I forgot to say that all the fabric parcels have been posted off this morning!

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Garden girl said...

what a shock to the system....a hot bath should be a good cure! with some gorgeous bath salts in it!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

what a shock to the system....a hot bath should be a good cure! with some gorgeous bath salts in it!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Good for you, for getting the exercise. I am mentally promising to 'treadmill' tomorrow because of this post....smile. And about our remodeling, I haven't taken any 'before' pictures yet, I'll try to tomorrow before the room actually starts to look somewhat good. (Still a long way off I'm afraid).

5:32 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Sounds like fun,hard work but fun!I haven't played netball since I was a teenager,my position was goal attack.I was too small for anything else!

5:37 PM  
Blogger dolly said...

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh nooo you ended up as centre?? eeek eek eeek...I am laughing here *wink* *wink* yep I know EXACTLY how you are feeling, no matter how fit you think you kept yourself after the break, the back-to-netball day-after is grim...I know all those aches and pains, for me it is always the second day, if I ache the day after I know I am in big pain as in not-being-able-to-walk-upstairs-unless-on-all-fours pain the day after that!!! hahaha!

I remember one weekend tournament I went to before I had my youngest, we made it through to the finals cos we all played out of our socks, I was soooo tired and achey I thought I would die..the next day I felt like I was cemented to the bed, even my hands hurt to hold a cup of tea! ...but oh it's all in the fun of the game is it not??

get yourself in a hot bath, strap and compress those bad joints, ice em up and elevate - see I'm talking netball survival talk now...

dollx

8:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my golly golly gosh... huge slushy email coming to you later on today... why i hear you say?... the postie visited me this morning :) You lovely creature!

As for playing centre... Mmmmm I do not envy your muscles this morning.. you know, the day after! I'd definitely eat some chocolate though.. I know.. that's bad! ;)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Flossy said...

Wow, I only posted yesterday! Good on Australia Post!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home