Friday, March 17, 2006

Random Thought...

Is it better to learn how to do something you aren't that interested in (if you need it to be done), or do you think we should focus on our strengths and find help with the things we're not so good at?

Blueberry and Cream Cheese Muffins
2 1/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup caster sugar
100g butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g fresh or frozen blueberries (I always use fresh)
60g cream cheese, cut into cubes (I use the spreadable stuff and dollops of it!)
1 1/2 tablespoons blueberry jam

Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Prepare a 12 hole muffin pan.
Combine flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
Whisk butter milk, eggs and vanilla together. Pour into well. Add blueberries and mix until just combined.
Half fill muffin holes with mix. Put a blob (or cube) of cream cheese and 1/2 a teaspoon of jam on each muffin. Cover with mix.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto your prettiest plate, make a pot of Earl Grey tea and enjoy a scrumptious afternoon tea!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger jellyhead said...

Oh, dear - looks like I'll be baking again this weekend!

Thanks, Flossy, for sharing your yummy recipes.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

*doing the happy dance* Our girl Flossy's back!!
It's nice getting caught up in the dailyness of it all ~ though I'm glad you've posted because I was missing you :)
Looks like another yummy recipe for me to keep and try.

7:26 AM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

The recipe looks scrummy, I'll get the required ingredients next time I'm in town and will make them with glee! I also have a BIG thanks for you - I received the fabric parcel today and it was absolutely beautiful! You've given me the impetus needed to get back into quilting again, thanks Flossy!

As for your question I think it's important to be 'rounded' in life, and like most things that entails doing what we don't want/like to do. But if we can get help with the 'nasties' then we can concentrate all of our energies on the things that matter most to us in life. It's all about moderation (isn't all of life?!) and doing what makes us happy in the end as long as it takes everyone else into the picture as well.

Hope that helps!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think it's good to certainly try and improve that which you're not so good at, but to make sure that you leave time for that which you love.

And those muffins sound fab! I didn't take down the chocolate recipe because we're not chocolate eaters, but I'm dieing to try the blueberry. Growing up one of my favorite memories was Blueberry Muffins and Hot Cocoa for breakfast. These remind me of that, and I so appreciate you sharing them.

11:18 AM  
Blogger BrocanteHome said...

Oooh Floss, this is such a difficult question! I'm going to have to go away, make some muffins and give it some thought...

9:23 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

My answer to the question: the latter. Do what you are good with and get help with the rest. This way you use your talents and give someone else a chance to use theirs!

The muffins look so yummy and I am making some as soon as I figure out the coverted measurements! (you know us Americans---way too lazy to learn the metric system!)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Mmmmm...looks yummy, I picture them as still warm from the oven! What a pretty setting with the china and candle...how feminine, yes!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home