Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thursday Decadence

Because it's Thursday and we should celebrate for no reason, I have decided to let you in on a little secret.

Triple Chocolate Muffins.

These are the best choc muffins you will ever taste - I promise. So here is the recipe for you, use it wisely :)

3 cups plain flour
3 tblsp cocoa
1 tblsp baking powder

1.5 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup dark chocolate melts

120g melted butter
2/3 cup milk chocolate melts

1.25 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 160 degrees (that's celsius!)
Grease muffin tin
Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder, add brown sugar and melts and mix well.
Add melted butter, milk and eggs and mix well.
3/4 fill muffin tins and bake for 20 mins.
Allow to cool 10 mins before turning out.


I usually make a triple batch of these and will often make the mini muffins - perfect for lunchboxes. They freeze beautifully. And if you heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds so all the chocolate melts, you will be in seventh heaven!

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger jellyhead said...

Thanks Flossy, I will have to try these. They sound wickedly delicious!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

yippeee ~ a celebration! oooh, these sounds so naughty, I'll just HAVE to make them. I love baking things that others recommend...
thank you! thank you!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Thank you for the recipie. Elise made these kinds of muffins at school the other day, but they didn't give her the recipie - goodness knows why. Now she can try yours and I'll be the taste tester...lol.

10:15 AM  
Blogger dolly said...

oooh that even looks easy enough for me to try... I am not a good baker, at all but if these freeze well I would love to give them a go for the kids' lunchboxes dollx

10:46 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

a naughty celebration....I like the sound of that....anything naughty really pleases me...more more naughty please!!! lol

5:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Anything that keeps the kids happy at lunch time gets 5 stars from me. You are a gem dear Suzie. hugs.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I'm a stupid american and I don't know what
120g melted butter is equivalent to. Can you tell me in ounces or cups?

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home