Monday, March 20, 2006

What's for Dinner Mum?


Meatloaf!

This was something I threw together with stuff I had in the fridge and it turned out rather yum. Made from turkey mince and sausage meat, mixed together with a couple of generous squirts of barbecue sauce and a big fat dollop of sour cream, along with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Aaah, but that's not all. After slopping half of it into the tin, I raided the fridge for stuff to stuff it with. I ended up with roasted capsicum, sundried tomatoes and whole-grain mustard.

With the rest of the meat mixture on top, with a handful of grated cheese, and breadcrumbs (and more cayenne), and off it went into the oven.

4 out of 5 rated it very good :) So that makes it a 4* recipe in this household - not quite famous, but pretty close...

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

the meatloaf sounds delicious! I love meatloaf with mashed potatoes..yum! I h ave been watching the news and hope this find you and yours well and safe! Do take care..xo

4:11 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

yummy! another recipe of your I will have to try

6:01 AM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Flossy, you are a genius in the kitchen!

I think I've become a slave to your recipes. I just finished the last blueberry muffin last night. Have you got any more favourite sweet treats?!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

My Dh loves stuffed meatloaf with a crusty pastry outer. And yes, mashed potatoes as well. Have you ever tried switching your milk and butter to mayonnaise and butter? Lots of pepper and salt too. Yummy yummy yummy

10:49 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

Sounds delish, my kind of food!
I enjoy whipping up recipes like this ~ creativity in the kitchen is fun :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I admire your being able to invent your own recipes! I must go 'by the book'...smile. This sounds like a great supper dish.

3:38 AM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Just what I love to do too.....create something out of what is there in the cupboard!!!!!

Will keep that recipe in mind too!!!

When I lived in Switzerland I had an American friend and quite often around 5-5.30 we would ring the other one up and say "I have some chicken, 3 carrots and half a tomato...what would YOU do with that???" We were always able to give the other one a different idea.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home