Thursday, April 13, 2006

Housekeeping?

I know what you're all thinking...I said I was going to do a big clean this week, so what's happened??
Well, I did do the laundry on Monday, as promised. I forgot it was school holidays though lol. So things are actually getting worse around here, rather than better...
The children go back to school on Wednesday though, so we'll get well and truly stuck in then ok?

In the meantime, this is what I did on Monday - if you haven't already done it, you have until Wednesday to catch up lol.

This is what my laundry room looked like before I started:

I pulled everything off the shelves and out of the little nook. I started from the top and vacuumed all the cobwebs from the ceiling, and worked my way down. I scrubbed the shelves and walls, and finally did the floors.


Then it was time to go through all the "stuff" and sort out what was going back into the laundry. I'm pleased to say the top of the washing machine is no longer a shelf!



This room only took me about an hour to do, all up, and I love how it looks now! All it needs is some paint, but that is for another day :)

--------------------oOo--------------------

20 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

come do mine! my laundry is in a corner of the kitchen so its hard.

10:34 AM  
Blogger BrocanteHome said...

Oh clever you! Where to next?

6:07 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Oh I know that feeling of "accomplishment" when a room is totally decluttered!! Shame I don't get that feeling very often!!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

what is it with laundries and cobwebs? There are millions in mine. I love the feeling of satisfaction when the laundry is all nice and tidy - that does not happen often in my household! have a wonderful Easter weekend xoxo

4:30 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

looking good...looking good!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

looks good!! lets have a painting party shall we?? LOL

3:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Nice work! Your tidy laundry room puts mine to shame.

4:57 PM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Flossy, you'll think I'm a slovenly woman, but I honestly didn't think your laundry was messy BEFORE you tidied it!

It does look good, now, though!

:) Jelly

12:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It looks good! You inspire me to do some work in my laundry room. I haven't gotten that far yet in the spring cleaning list.
Here's to a clean washer and orderly shelves above!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I wish I had shelves in my laundry! My upright freezer is my shelf. I love that pretty tin.. I have just thought of what to make you for our next swap... but you'll have to wait and see. hugs xox

11:00 AM  
Blogger dolly said...

hi! I have a leetle parcel to send you from a certain Cath ~ my friend couldn't get the fabric you wanted, it is out of stock! but the tins are here in Sydney, I'll send them on soon. dollx

1:02 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Feel free, at any time, to do the same to my dining room (a.k.a. the junk room, which houses all of the gardening stuff as well as the dining ephemera)!!

It looks fantastic, well done :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger 1st-anniversary-presents-blog said...

Great info . You can visit this useful Physical Therapy Schoolssite.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Can I hire you to come do mine?!! :) Looks lovely! Hope your Easter was wonderful...

6:01 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

By the way, consider yourself TAGGED! Go see what it is... http://romanholiday.typepad.com

5:39 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

well the laundrys looking neat as a pin what's next?
just giving you some encouragement and then we get to see the rest of the house.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Good for you! You did a great job. Once in a while I stop to realize that it doesn't take very long at all to do a job that I've put off for a very long time. Sometimes I set the timer just to find out how long it did take me. Oh isn't victory sweet! smile..

11:51 PM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

Looks good, now that I am at the lake I do my laundry in what we call the barn, no washer or dryer in my small place at the lake. I will post pictures real soon. Keep up the good work.

5:51 AM  
Blogger dolly said...

hey flossy ~ sorry I thought I'd told you about my new blog, duh!!! I just thought you had been busy...hand is healing and you can only imagine how *sick* I was doing it at the beginning of the season, but hey ho, that's netball ;-)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home