Monday, April 03, 2006

Sunday By The Bay

Yesterday morning, I was feeling like I HAD to get out of the house, or go slowly mad...so I fueled up the car, grabbed the family and drove.
We ended up in Redcliffe, about 90 minutes drive from where we live. Fresh air, sea breeze and sunshine - a perfect combination.
We kind of just wandered around mostly, but I thoroughly enjoyed being by the sea. It's been a long time :)
We grabbed some chips and sat on the sea wall watching mud crabs and seagulls.
On the way home, we stopped in and got some fresh fish (whiting) and green prawns for dinner. I cooked the prawns in garlic butter and we had our seafood with a green salad - simple but delightful :)

Today I feel a little more energised than I have in a while. I realised that I tend to not leave the house for days at a time, and sometimes I need to get out and do something different. While I will always be a homebody and happy to stay in my insular little world, I have made a promise to myself to discover new places at least once a month. I have come home with even more ideas and some motivation - I like that!
Once again though - no photos. I really need to get into the habit of taking my camera with me when I leave the house! LOL

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger The Rich Gypsy said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day Suzie! As you know, I live by the bay and most Saturday mornings the boys and I go to my favourite seaside park to eat breakfast ~ croissants and fruit. My parents have started joining us ... just an hour or two but amazing how it gets the weekend off to a relaxing start.

Oooh and mmmm ... hot chips by the sea. Heaven.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hear you! We ended up at Bribie Island with the chickens terrorising the seagulls and pelicans... Forgot my camera too but Christopher has one in his mobile phone. MMmmmm love sitting by the sea, eating fish n chips etc on a blanket, watching the world go by. Sounds like your day was delightfully fresh and free. xox

11:21 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day..I'd like to sit on a sea wall and watch the birds. I'd like to go somewhere tomorrow like the zoo, but that won't happen yet. You remind me though that fun trips are as necessary as work days.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home