Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Are You A Housewife?

I found this delightful poem over at The Sparrow's Nest - a wonderful blog from Mrs Wilt, that I have been lurking at lately :) If you are a lover of all things homely and civilised, you must go and have a look.


The Housewife
My days are days of small affairs,
Of trifling worries, little cares--
A lunch to pack, a bed to make,
A room to sweep, a pie to bake,
A hurt to kiss, a tear to dry,
A head to brush, a bow to tie,
A face to wash, a rent to mend,
A meal to plan, a fuss to end.
A hungry husband to be fed--
A sleepy child to put to bed.
I, who had hoped some day to gain
Success--perhaps a bit of fame,
Must give my life to small affairs,
Of trifling worries, little cares.
But should tomorrow bring a change,
My little house grow still and strange--
Should all the cares I know today
Be swept, quite suddenly, away,
Where now a hundred duties press
Be but an ache of loneliness;
No child's gay ribbon to be tied,
No wayward little feet to guide.
To Heaven then would rise my prayers:
"Oh God, give back my little cares!"

-Tramp Star

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I almost did not read this poem through thinking it was for Mommy's with little ones~~but I'm glad I read it through and it really is true the Empty Nest sometimes is not all that much fun~~and believe me, those days of little ones to tend speed along and then poof you are then alone except for the visits from said kids and the grandkids~~so enjoy every minute gals!
:-D

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Enjoy your little ones while you can...

11:06 PM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

I like the poem and it is so true. Enjoy the little ones while you can because they grow up way to fast. A true housewife am I....

1:26 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh I love this poem. It's so true!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Great poem. i have been lurking on her site as well! Its great and i've really enjoyed her postings...hope this find you well my friend...so sorry i haven't visited in awhile, my grandson is in day care now and grandma has her "free" time back!! Have a great weekend...blessings to you and yours...xo

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jamesmatthew said...

Buddy, did you know that this is the best credit card site around and you can apply online for credit card free.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home