Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Carless...

What a day yesterday! And not in a good way... seemed like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Culminating in a dead car.

All was going well in the afternoon. I picked the kids up from school and drove Miss Brooklyn to netball training, which is about 20 kilometres from home (and remember we live semi-rural).
At 5 pm, when it was time to go home, we jumped in the car, I turned the key and...nothing. Not a noise. Zip. Dead car.

Thank goodness, after a year of being without a mobile phone, I bought a new one two weeks ago, so I was able to ring Yog to come and get us. He thinks it's the battery, I think it's the alternator.
Hopefully, I can get a mechanic out there today to figure it out.
Hopefully the car is still in one piece.
Hopefully, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fix.
Wish me luck...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turns out the battery in my car was well and truly past it's prime! "Collapsed" I believe is the word.
Anyway, it's replaced now and the car starts fine - which is just as well, as the computer apparently needs time to readjust itself and learn how to idle all over again! Every time I stop, the car conks out - most inconvenient I have to say. However, it only takes a day or so, I've been told. In the mean time, it makes for interesting driving on my part!

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

glad you had a phone to call. Will send good thoughts your way for the car.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh goodness.... much good luck wished your way xox

5:18 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Good luck! I had the same happen to my car just the other day - turns out as I hadn't run it for a week and a half, the battery had flattened... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

As for your offer of helping with the bunting that's so kind! If you could lend your expertise in any way that'd be amazing. My mother has the idea of using the bunting afterwards to make a quilt for us, which is a wonderful idea - so very vintage and 'us'! I am getting something ready to send to you, it's all hectic here at the moment, but I'll get something in the post as soon as I am able (hopefully before the month of May is over!)

9:24 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

I would email you but I've lost your email address (is it the polkadotrose one?). Mine is vintagepretty at gmail dot com.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

May your day be better tomorrow. Car trouble is the worse. Hugs to you and a better day.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Glad to hear it was just the battery and nothing major. It'll be back to normal in no time!

Sorry I've not been posting much lately. I've been busy myself and haven't had much time to read other's blogs.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home