Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday Fling

Today, I have to take Sweetie's car in for a service (as he never has time to do it).
As I will be stuck in town most of the day, I am taking the opportunity to have a nice day out - much as I would rather be at home doing something constructive.

So I will head to the $2 shop and pick up some bits and bobs for Christmas - yes, that's right, I started my Christmas shopping in February. This year I am doing up gift baskets for everyone, full of handmade goodies and little things I have picked up throughout the year. This way, it's not so hard on the purse in November and December...

I have also organised to meet two good friends for lunch, so that will be a lovely treat.

I am also going to hit the thrift stores to see what delights they hold for me this week!

Yesterday, after the trip to the orthodontist, Miss Gabbie and I went to
Lincraft and came out with a whole bunch of scrapbooking supplies - a new hobby for us, but one that we are looking forward to playing with! I am going to do up a brag book for Miss brooklyn's birthday, and I want to have a go at altered CD's - inspired by the lovely Dawn.

LOL Just what I need - another hobby (or obsession , if you will)!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I have a confession-I have loads of scrapping stuff and I never have even done one page. How awful is that?

I'm sure your pages will be adorable and I'll be terribly envious lol

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I bet there is lots of pink involved with this scrapbook lol. I am doing some cardmaking this afternoon with the chickens... should be fun! I have been arguing with the puter again over your designs.... of which I have many but no way of saving them as diagrams.... agh! I am going to scam another program (because we all know I need another program lol) and get busy so I can email these lovely designs to you. hugs sweet rose, xox.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

i went to spotlight today - oh my gosh....I didnt think I would ever get out of there - so much to see, so many fabrics to touch and think about....lol, lol!! I love going there!!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mirre said...

What a great idea to make gift baskets for Christmas... and so smart of you to start collecting already!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Morning! I love the idea of the gift baskets...I'll keep that in mind. I did something along that line for my cello teacher this past Christmas. I made sure I had some practical gifts as well as the scented soap things. I just made my first altered cd after being inspired by Dawn too. Such fun...and thank you Flossy for the comment you left me! Your day out sounds like you had a fabulous time. I'll look forward to seeing your cd's and perhaps you will post some of your scrapbooking. I'd love to see it if you do.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

3:29 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home