Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Sky Is Falling!

It's just after 6am this morning, and I was all enthused for a day of soapmaking.

Don't you love when your plans go awry?

I just woke Miss Gabbie, to find that an emergency trip to the orthodontist is in order.
Let me explain...

About 4 years ago, while larking about in the pool, she chipped off half of her front tooth. It was capped immediately, and the school dentist did a wonderful job, you couldn't even see it - even the ortho only knew because of x-rays!
Somehow, last night while she was asleep, the cap has broken off. I think maybe having the braces on weakened it, as they sit right across the joint.

She gets her braces off Tuesday, but I sure hope they don't make her wait until then to fix this - you know what teenagers are like about their looks!

So I shall ring them this morning and hopefully it will all be better by this afternoon - I'll let you know.

UPDATE: Bad news, they won't fix the tooth until the braces are off, so poor Gabbie has to go around like a toothless hillbilly for four more days! She is so not impressed, as you can imagine!!
So on Tuesday we go to the orthodontist, have the braces taken off, then to the dentist to get the cap replaced, then back to the ortho to get her retainers fitted.
Thank goodness she doesn't have to wait another year!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Ouch! I hope it all goes well for her, I remember having braces all those years back, and the anticipation of having them off was HUGE!
Maybe soapmaking tomorrow? ;)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

OH ow ow ow ow ow!

I hope they can get Gabbie's tooth fixed up today, poor baby. All that time in braces and right now at the end something goes awry.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Isnt it always the way...just hope they can fix it. You want Miss Gabbie to be smiling all the time.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh no, the poor poor poppet. Tell her it could have been much worse. Time will go by in a flash and it will be Tuesday before she knows it. Hugs xox

10:53 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Just to let you know not all Hillbilly's are toothless...lol!
But to be fair I do know some that are!
Enjoy your blog...it is beautiful...hope everything comes out alright for your daughter!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

You know, if you want to hear God laugh just tell him your plans! :) I need to take a day for myself like you and get busy blog-visiting, writing my missive for Mimi and getting some projects that are NOT apron related done... sigh... I'm not going to plan anything because I may end up with a kid who needs stitches or a cat who needs to go to the vet...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Oh dear, thats too bad...hope the days go by quickly for your daughter and she gets this behind her soon!

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home