Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Where Does the Time Go?

Hello my lovely friends.
It seems like I don't get to come visit with you all nearly as much as I'd like to these days. That is my own fault - I'll let you in on a secret...

I am disorganised. Yes I am, especially with my time.
I'm one of those people that thinks of something and I'll decide NOW is a good time to start making this, cleaning that or visiting her.

The only problem is, this week especially, there has been no making and very little cleaning going on. All sorts of other "pressing" things have taken up my time. Things like shopping for pyjamas for the children, or shopping for a birthday present for Miss Brooklyn (less than two weeks to go and I still haven't found anything suitable), or shopping for anything really.
I have even shopped on the internet for soap-making supplies I had run out of (I will need more laundry powder soon, so really, I NEEDED to do that).

Today, however, I am staying put, right here in my cottage, and I am going to at least try and catch up on the dirty laundry that is taking over the house. It's getting to the stage where if I don't, I will need to go shopping for new underwear!!


I also want to take some time to write my very first missive for Mimi's Scrumptious Scribblings, and embroider a couple of hand towels for a friend. I'm also going to go blogging and catch up with what everyone has been doing for the last week or so.

I'm not setting myself a list a hundred miles long, as I never get through it and I only feel bad. So that is enough for today I think :)

One day soon, I am going to get super-organised, and actually stay that way. I usually last about a week, before slipping back into my old slothful and procrastinating ways. Maybe I need some help...

Anyone want to come and give me a swift kick in the you-know-what?

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I have had to make myself do indoor things this week. If not I wouldn't be able to walk thru the house. Sometimes its nice to just kick back and let things just happen.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

making a list is a great start...and when i mark it off as done, great satisfaction in that!! Enjoy your day dear Flossy and don't be too hard on yourself..hugs to you dear..xo

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Dont feel bad. I think we all have this problem from time to time...I know I do! Enjoy your week. Hugsss

12:30 PM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

I am a very organised person, Charlie say I am to organised. I will put every thing in its place and I can not stand to see a pillow not siting just right. Flossy we have to find a happy ballence for both of us. I think a short list would be good for you. Each day if you can mark 3 things of the list by the end of the week you may be caught up. Good luck and hugs to you.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Flossy, I just cannot believe you are even a smidgeon slothful! Anyone that still embroiders tea towels is far more energetic than I am!

Whenever you feel like it, could you please share your recipe for soap powder? I'd love to begin making my own.

9:24 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

I am the most un organised person there is lately, so I can really relate to you here.
I second what Holly says - any chance of sharing the soap powder recipe?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home