Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Bit of Rambling...

Hello everyone! Wasn't really a very long break now was it? To tell you the truth, it's not the odd posting that takes the time, it's reading all my favourite blogs and catching up with you lovey people that takes up the time LOL. Anyway, I thought that maybe I can blog once or twice a week...

So, I have just returned from Toowoomba, where Miss Brooklyn was at State Netball Championships. It was very cold. Very, very cold.
The team came fourth out of twelve - a pretty good effort I must say! They played eleven games over four days. One of the girls on Broke's team made the State team, but I'm glad that Brooke didn't make it - some of those defence players are HUGE - she would have been squashed!! She enjoyed the experience and made some new friends, so that's the main thing.
Here she is shhoting a goal. Cute uniforms, aren't they?



That is pretty much the only news in the last week. I have come home to a house that needs some serious attention, and a washing basket overflowing with dirty laundry *sigh*
Some things never change.

Now that the netball is pretty much out of the way for this year, I can get stuck into making lots of goodies for my shop. It may be time for a bit of fabric shopping :)

I took delivery of an enormous amount of wheat and lavender flowers before I went away - heat packs here I come! I also plan to make lip balm and soap this week (I am still working on a good recipe to make a really hard soap suitable for grating - so I can turn it into laundry powder), plus finding some fabric to make very cute tea towels. Some embroidery is in order too.

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to getting into some crafting and making - it seems like an awful long time since I did anything remotely creative!

But before all that happens, I need to check my postbox, which I have neglected for about 2 weeks! The lovely Gina (from Patra's Other Place) has sent me my teatime swap parcel, and I ca't wait to see it! While I'm at the Post Office I will send off her swap goodies...

Well my friends, that's all for now - stay safe and happy! Talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hello Chickpea, Lovely to hear you are doing well. I have started the canvas's and some lavender eye masks... smells lovely. I am going fabric shopping today too... can you tell, I am skipping lol... much love, xox.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Lovely to see you back again Flossy....happy crafting. Hugsss

5:17 PM  
Blogger PEA said...

Great to see you posting again:-) Always enjoy reading your posts!! Glad that things seem to be going well for you and good luck with all the crafting!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Good to hear form you again..missed you! Sounds like you will be a very busy gal..have fun making all the goodies for your shop!!! Blessings..xo

6:20 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

Hi flossy! I have a new blog - simply being. I do hope you can visit me! I am off to Melbourne for the weekend- see you when I return xoox

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Good to 'see' you again. It's terrible when life gets in the way of doing what we really want isn't?

I hope you are doing well, and good luck with the shop.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Isn't that the truth, it doesn't take long to post, but we can sure burn time, reading all our favorites....but who's complaining, right =). I just don't do it every day and it works for me, but then I'm home every day too...thankfully! (as slow as I can be) ~~I do like the skirts, and the girls look athletic and feminine!~~Looking forward to seeing what you create! Its just so rewarding to make something, isn't it? I have my skirt to finish today, and a tatted snowflake pattern I want to take on...which gave me trouble first time around. Hope that laundry gets done up quickly for you. I have a tv right by my ironing board and watch Home & Garden while ironing so the process isn't too boring after all...smile.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

I llove hearing about you r crafitng adventures and plans! show us some photos of the finished proiducts! It may inspire a few of us out there to do some aswell!

1:45 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

Hi dear flossy xo thankyou so much for visiting my new blog & thankyou so much for your friendship and support. It is so much appreciated. I am home now from my little trip xoxo

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home