Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cupcakes and Other Things


Fancy a cupcake anyone? I hope they look good enough to eat.

But I don't recommend taking a bite of these lovelies :) You see they are soaps. Yes that's right, I spent my days making cakes of soap - literally! LOL
Lavender cupcake soaps - soon to be on sale in my store (once I have prettied them up a little). Opinions anyone?

Let's see, what else...
I received my lovely parcel from Gena at Patra's Other Place. What a delight that was! A vintage cup and saucer, and spoon, teabags, a pretty doily - all in a wonderful tin. I am so spoiled :) Thank you Gena, I loved it lots.

Thanks to the rain (not complaining!) I still haven't caught up on the laundry, but am getting a couple of loads a day done and dried. Folding is mounting up fast though!
Is it just me? Once I get going on the creative stuff, the housework just goes out the window. I can't seem to find a way to get both things done in a day - and in a house with three munchkins roaming about, it sure gets untidy mighty fast! Aah well, they are on holidays at the moment, now might be the time to get them working! LOL

Oh, my mum has finally gone and got herself a blog too :) I'm not sure if she wants me to let you know, but I'm gonna anyway. Go and say hi to her - she's a good mamma :) You can find her at
Robyn's Place Hi Mum!!

I still haven't ventured near the sewing machine - I'm having too much fun in the kitchen, creating non-edible items LOL. Next on the list is sparkly, smelly (in a nice way) tealight candles. I'll just keep them away from
Alison Heehee.

Well friends, that's all for now, talk soon...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edited to add: I have decided to publish the link to the store...there isn't a lot in there at the moment, but I'm working on it! LOL

Come visit me at
Amethyst Grove Online and tell me what you think!

--------------------oOo--------------------

15 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Welcome Back!!!
:-D
Glad you weren't gone as long as I expected. I went over and visited your Mum...she is a hoot...I'm looking forward to reading more of her!!
Those soaps look nummy...lol...you are a very talented lady!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

Oh sure, tease me with those yummy looking cupcakes and then tell me they're soap!!! lol Gosh they sure look real! Great job on them!! I went to visit your mom and I just love her to bits already. lol What a sense of humour and I can tell she'll be fun to read!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

paid a visit to your mom and I absolutely love your soap!!!! You are so creative!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Hi Flossy ~ I knew you'd be a busy little bee creating all these wonderful things. I'm off to visit your mum and also your store!!!
I'm excited :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sharon K said...

Going to visit your mom but have all ready checked out your store. You did a wonderful job...and good luck to you my dear.......

10:04 AM  
Blogger littlejennywren said...

Congratulations on getting your store up and running. It looks wonderful. You are so clever. Good luck with it.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Loved your on~line store...you did a really good job on that!!
:-D

10:28 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

that store is fantastic, Flossy!!! well done, you should be proud of yourself - I wish you every success xoxo
will check out your mum's blog - nice name ;)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Flossy this is awesome!! All your things are so lovely...the soap looks great...I stopped by your Mom's blog and said hello! can't wait for your store to open....Good Job! Hugs and Blessings...xo

2:08 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hello fairyfloss, Love the soap! Love your Mum's blog too. Just remember to put away the soaps (not in the fridge lol) before gong to bed or you'll eat them in your sleepy midnight munchy travels lol. Isabella is wearing her towel as a shoulder stole lol... thank you again my little treasure! xox

2:22 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Thanks for telling your friends about my blog. I had some lovely comments and now I'm going visiting. Love the soaps. Maybe you can personalise them to order, eg by putting someone's name on them?

I'll see you Thurs with the boy.

Love you heaps xo

9:00 PM  
Blogger The Shoes of Salvation said...

What a pretty package from Gena. Liking your cupcake soaps :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Your online store is absolutely beautiful, Flossy - very professional! All the products look lovely too - and I even have one which I am dying to try out next time I am ironing one of my linen treasures! By the way, I'm GINA not GENA - she is another one of us ladies with a name that sounds the same but is spelled differently by the Owner!!
Gina from Patra's Place

9:53 PM  
Blogger norththreads said...

These are so cute, I thought they were real!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rosa said...

They do look real. Now I want one (a real one to eat!).

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home