Friday, June 30, 2006

A Friday of Fun

I had the bestest day today!
After playing netball last night and taking a tumble (why do I play again?) - grazing my right knee rather nicely, I woke up in a bit of a funk this morning. 5.30am is just not my best look!

Anyway, I had lots to do...
Tidy the house a little, bake a sponge cake, make a shopping list, do dishes, go to the supermarket, decorate sponge with lashings of whipped cream and strawberries, make a stuffed cob loaf, take a shower and prepare a scrumptious antipasto platter. All before 10.30. Whew!

At 11 o'clock my dear friends Tracie, Leah and Kim arrived for a day filled with food, fun and laughter.

Yes, we put the world to rights, decided on a night out next week, organised the details of our Christmas holiday, drank copious amounts of coffee and gorged ourselves on yummy food. What more could one want from a Friday?
The children played happily together all day, and we finally ended it at about 5 o'clock this afternoon.

With leftovers from lunch and sandwiches for dinner, all that remained for me was to wash up and relax with a lovely hot cup of tea in front of the fire with my copy of Romantic Homes magazine (which came in the post yesterday) - utter bliss :)

I am feeling all recharged now, so will say goodnight as I am off to make a batch of Castile soap - a wonderfully gentle soap made from olive oil, perfect for handmilling...

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger PEA said...

It certainly did sound like a very fun day with your friends...wish I lived closer:-) Isn't it amazing though how much we can accomplish in one day...and other days it seems we can't get anything done! lol

11:20 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Sounds like your day was perfect...nothing like lunch with girlfriends...just lovely. Hugs

1:26 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Sounds like a heavenly day you've had. I'm glad. We are in our Friday here and I need to see what I can accomplish in the few hours left. I could use a little feminine fellowship right now or maybe some success with my tatting would be nice. I'm trying to figure out a vintage pattern. The 1st and 2nd rounds go quite well and then the 3rd...has trashed the whole pretty thing--twice!!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

What a perfect day you had!! I'm so ready for the weekend, as this past week was quite hectic! Your sponge cake sounds delish!!! Blessings dear Flossy..xo

4:57 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh...I just love Romantic Homes magazine when I can find it...I guess I just need to go ahead and order a subscription.
The pictures in that mag are what I dream of if I were to ever have my wishes granted..
Glad you had a great time with your friends!!
:-D

10:22 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Now that sounds just like what I need...pity that I don't have anyone close enough to me here :(
I'm happy for you hon!
P.S. Happy Grand Opening today...congratulations, and all the best on every success!
I'm so excited I've put a post and link over on my blog :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger vintagechica said...

Just wanted to send many congratulations and blessings your way on your new shop!!! Cant wait to see what you offer. I just might have to break down and get one of your marvelous aprons Flossy!

12:25 PM  
Blogger HORIZON said...

I have always wanted to make my own soap- you are clever and busy- how do you manage?

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home