Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Musings.

Well, I am a slack sister - I haven't been to see the new babba yet. I will wait until tey are home for two reasons...
One: It's a long drive to the hospital, and I have to be back early today to take Brooke to training on the Gold Coast (another long drive), and
Two: She will be inundated with visitors, and I know what I was like when I was in having my kids - I wanted to be on my own!

How is it, that when I turn my back for a minute, the laundry pile magically multiplies? I never seem to be caught up - to tell you the truth, I think my kids have far too many clothes and I need to donate some to Goodwill! Guess what I am doing today then?
Actually, I find it soothing to hang the washing on the line on a sunny winter's day, with nothing but birdsong to disturb the peace :) Granted, the birds may be noisy crows and kookaburras, but that is what reminds me I am in Australia.

I'm also making soap today. Lots of soap. Soap to turn into scrumptiously scented laundry powder for my shop. And soap for soap's sake :) I love soap LOL

Sadly, I haven't yet made it into my craft room to clean up in there. But it certainly is on "the list".
I have talked my mum into giving me a hand - she is going to cut out all the fabrics for me, so I can get on with the biz of sewing aprons and bags. Thanks Mum!

The rest of the week will be spent getting ready to go away on Friday for netball. We are leaving in the morning and will be back late Monday night. So I need to make sure there is enough food in the house for Sweetie to take care of himself for a few days :)
And then we will do it all again next week!!

Enough rambling from me for one day, I need to get on with all these things :)

Talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

I disliked all the visitors too in hospital, I was pretty stressed as it was.

Sounds like you've got a plan there, good luck and I hope your week goes well.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I used to hang out clothes--and I enjoyed the smaller loads but the heavier things got to my back...then I started using my dryer and never looked back...lol!
Sounds like you are a busy woman :-D

8:46 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Laundry! Who said that? I think my laundry still isn't sure who it's real mistress is... I flutter in and out all day, but never stay long enough to form a real relationship with the washer... lol
Have an awesome Tuesday xox

8:00 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Congrats on becoming an aunty again, and have fun making lotions and potions, I bet they'll smell wonderful!

One of my favourite things is hanging washing out on the line, don't ask me why, but I just find it relaxing. We don't have a dryer (not green enough for us), so it's that or an inside airer!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Good thinking waiting for bub to come home, mums are more relaxed in their own surroundings and you can cuddle bub longer. Hope the soap worked out.What a great mum.Have a happy week.

8:24 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Lovely news about your nephew!!

Must write about my laundry dramas soon!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger PEA said...

I love hanging my laundry out on the clothesline, especially bed sheets...nothing smells better than air dried sheets!! Is it very hard to make soap? I've never known anyone who makes their own! When you do get to hold your little nephew, give him an extra cuddle from all of us:-)

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home