Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Rainy Saturday.

And I shouldn't complain - after all, we need every drop of rain we can get. However, I want to know...
a) Why is it always on a holiday weekend that it rains? and
b) Why does it rain whenever my girls are playing in a netball carnival?

I sent Miss Brooklyn off yesterday and decided not to go up myself until this afternoon. She has one of my very good friends with her (who also happens to be the sports trainer for the team), and I know she is being looked after.
However, I am fidgety today LOL. I am ALWAYS with the girls when they go away to play, and it doesn't sit too comfortably not being there this morning. I have spoken to my friend already this morning, and the girls are all fine, Brooke is doing great, and they are playing as I sit and type this.
4 games today, 4 games tomorrow and one on Monday morning.

Right then, I need to go and make sure that Sweetie has enough food and money so that he can take care of himself for the next 2 nights, and pack a few clothes for Miss Gabbie and myself.

I'll tell you all about it on Tuesday morning - expect pictures! LOL

Take care everyone, and have a wonderful weekend...

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger ms*robyn said...

it is raining here too, Flossy. I had planned on gardening all this long weekend but am I complaining? nuh, we need the rain so much I can just hear the plants sighing in relief.

4:44 PM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

oops - hope you have a wonderful weekend and to at least get a little rest sometime xoxo

4:44 PM  
Blogger PEA said...

Have a fun time and good luck to your girls with the netball carnival!! As for it raining when it's a holiday weekend or you have big plans? Murphy's Law I tell you! lol

12:10 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Lovely rain we had here too - right on time for the big 3-day hockey tournament. Fortunately, that's a thing of the past for us now as it's a comp. for players under 16.

Sometimes I would decide that I was too busy to go to hockey, cricket, softball, or whatever they were playing, but I might as well have gone because I couldn't concentrate on anything at home, I just kept wondering how they were going.

So, Flossy, go ahead and be with your girls and have a good weekend. They'll remember you being there and they won't care whether the floor at home was vacuumed or not.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home