Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday And All Is Well.

Yesterday ended up being reasonably interesting after all - to me, anyway.
After dropping the car off at the mechanics in the morning, I made my way to netball - I was very good and only played half a game, as my ankle is still a bit sore. But I did strap it :)
Afterwards, two friends and myself went to lunch (always a pleasant distraction), and I found presents for baby Cooper.
Upon picking my car up I was most amazed at the cost - a full $150 cheaper than Sweetie's car service a few weeks ago! And I got new brakes, window wipers and rotated tyres! I use a local mechanic - have done for years, while Sweetie insists on going to the dealer. Well, I don't think he will be anymore!

When the children arrived home from their busy day at school, we piled into the car and drove to see the new addition to the family. He is beautiful, just perfect :) We took lots of photos, and all three kids got to have a cuddle (after me of course!). If you look at the photo below, you will see Harry with his baby cousin - and our house guest who arrived yesterday too!



Yes, Norm the Gnome is here - he had a very long journey from the States, so will not be staying with us too long, but he was very excited to finally get to Australia, and has been very well-behaved (I think he is very tired).

Today is a quiet day I hope. I'm planning to stay in and clean a little, but I do need to get some labels, so that may require a trip this afternoon. I'll see how I feel :) Maybe if Norm helps me with the housework we can go sightseeing around town...

Talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

12 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

awwwww...what a couple of sweetie pies!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Think the baby is much much better looking than Norm! LOL Have fun with Norm

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Flossy, what a great photo. Harry bear looks so proud and chuffed to be holding lil' Cooper.

I'm sure Norm is going to have a wonderful time visiting you guys! LOL

8:59 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

What a delightful picture and the baby is adorable...so is Harry:-) As for Norm, I'm guessing he's travelling the world?? lol Best wishes to the baby and new parents and to all of you of course:-)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Gorgeous Baby, gorgeous Harry Bear and gorgeous Norm !!! Have fun !!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Connie and Rob said...

That baby is just darling. So glad Norm made it to you safely. He spent a week with us in April. Norm can be quite entertaining and he is no trouble at all. Perfect houseguest.

Take care,
Connie

10:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I distinctly remember reading this post yesterday but silly me did'nt comment. How wonderful is it to save alot of money and get a real bargain? The feeling is tremendous.
Everyone is just so gorgeous and perfect. Don't you just love other people's babies... lol Just beautiful.. how proud you must be. Hugs xox
Ps. Don't you go teaching Norman any bad habbits before he comes to me lol

11:01 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Welcome to Oz Norm.
Your new addition is a real cutie and harry bear has a great smile. I always found the local mechanic was fairer than the big guys and they do a good job as well.Keep that ankle strapped,it takes quite some time for a sprain to heal, have a great w/end.

6:54 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

What sweeties (all three of 'em!). It must be lovely having a new addition to the family - make the most of this special time, it's so fleetingly gone.

Enjoy your weekend :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Marsha said...

I love babies...dang it!..now I have to go and remind myself that I am way too old to have any more. Oh well! I do have four daughters. I am hoping someday to become the greatest grandma ever.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Hi Norm! Glad you made it safely! Your nephew is the most adorable baby boy! Gotta say, after four kids, that's still my favorite age: brand new. Between the "new baby smell" and the cozy little snuggles in the rocker, is there anything more heavenly on earth? Get out of the house, skip the cleaning and the crafting and ditch the netball and go hold that baby as much as you can before he's too big to sit still anymore!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a sweet pair of boys!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home