Friday, July 14, 2006

11.42am Friday

After going back to bed for a bit this morning and getting an extra couple of hours of much-needed beauty sleep, I feel fine now :) I really should go to bed earlier at night I think...

I have the two youngest treasures home with me today, and they are quite ok - Harry Bear isn't as bad as I thought he would be after last night.

So far today, I have done n o t h i n g. I really need to get up off my behind and get moving, but it is a grey old day here today. One of those days just perfect for snuggling with a blanket and a book :)
I have a sore shoulder - either I slept on it funny or I overstretched a little at netball last night - either way, I don't know that I want to be hunched over the sewing machine today.




Here are a couple of "Flossy Aprons" I finished yesterday. I didn't put pockets on them for three reasons.
a) I never use the pockets on my aprons - may do a poll on this :)
b) They are such pretty fabrics they should be used for entertaining or impressing guests, although they will stand up to the rigours of housework.
c) I was ultimately too lazy and impatient to sew on the pockets! LOL

I have a few more ready to put the trim on, and then I may get a bit over-the-top and make some "Glamour" aprons. I love them because they are trimmed and embellished to within an inch of their lives! LOL One can never have too much frou-frou, I say...as long as they can stand the Flossy Washing Test. I can't abide by anything that needs special attention - like hand-washing or such rubbish. If I can't toss it into my washing machine, then it's likely going to be a white elephant, and sit in the bottom of the laundry basket until the end of time.

Well, I certainly have rambled on here haven't I? I will leave you in peace now, dear friends :)

PS: I ADORE Alexandra Stoddard, and I want to be her best friend!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

The aprons are sooooo pretty! Can't wait for a peek at the glam aprons...

1:03 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

What next? Ruffled Tea Cozies? I am in frilly girl heaven over here!!!! I can't wait to see the glam aprons! (I agree, pockets are a waste as they don't get used --insert sarcasm-- why bother taking the time to sew them on?) Yeah, I'm lazy, I'll admit it! Love ya!

1:56 PM  
Blogger norththreads said...

Great aprons flossy!!

2:32 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

The aprons are just gorgeous...hmmm I'd want to wear an old apron over one of your new aprons so I wouldn't dirty it! lol

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home