Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And What Are You Up To Today?

Much excitement - I have found out (after emailing the company), that the delightful dinnerware I am so enamoured with is available here in Australia! So for any Aussie girls who feel they have to have it - go to Myer LOL Failing that they will ship overseas, but I expect the postage would be rather hefty.

A busy day for me today...starting with netball this morning and then some shopping.
Miss Brooklyn is leaving for Grade 7 camp on Thursday. They are off to Canberra, Sydney and then the snow! She's very excited, as you can imagine. Of course, coming from the Sunshine State, we aren't very prepared for cold and snowy climes, so it's off to the shops for some snuggly clothes and a few other essentials.
Then on to the supermarket for the weekly grocery shop - the dinner menu is written, but alas, the list is not.

The Sweetie is very impressed with our washing machine (and you thought I could go a week without a post about laundry? Ha!). Yesterday was spent with my favourite appliance - I lost count, but I did a minimum of eight loads of laundry and our sullage tank (where the grey water goes) wasn't anywhere near full! Sweetie says everyone should have a machine like ours LOL. Of course they are giving government rebates if you buy a water saving machine now - I got mine for my birthday last year, and unfortunately I don't qualify for being forward-thinking!

Oh, and Miss Gabbie and team won their netball carnival on Sunday! Unfortunately, Gabbie came home with a knee the size of a melon, and now physiotherapy is in order. She has a week to get better before another major tournament for school, an then the biggest (and last - woohoo!) carnival of the year. They fly to Rockhampton on July 28. I think then she is announcing her "retirement".

Well, I think I have caught you up on all the happenings, so we'll talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

You mentioned the sunshine state. did you used to live in Fla.? I have just started to read your blog so was just wondering. I will catch up and understand soon. Also is net ball like volleyball? Just wondered...

9:08 AM  
Blogger littlejennywren said...

Thanks for the tip on the china it really is lovely. We have been smashing china a lot lately,clumsy teenagers, never me. Ofcourse there is no guarentee that Myer in Launceston will have it but I guess I can order some through them anyway.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You have been a busy bee. How is Gabbie's knee now? That china sure is pretty... just my cup of tea! I will go check that out, thanks. I remember when I first got my washing machine lol I did the very same thing. Of course mine is'nt as "green" as yours is but it sure is pretty lol. Where would we be? I know where I'd be if I did'nt have one.... sitting in the corner of my laundry rocking back and forth and going batty... that's for sure. xox Nic.

10:28 PM  
Blogger PEA said...

I know someone who is getting new dishes soon! lol They really are lovely!! Glad the washing machine is working so well:-) Congrats to Gabbie and her team winning the netball carnival over the weekend...great job!!! Hopefully her knee will be good as new soon!

2:47 AM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Hope Brooklyn enjoys the cold places!!!

Love your new dishes...that you will soon own. And you make me laugh with you enjoment of all things laundry related!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Congratulations to Gabs and the girls on their win. Hope they do as well in Rocky! As for the "Sunshine State", Huh! there hasn't been much today and it's been coooold>

Brookie will have a wonderful time in the snow. I told her to through a snowball at her teacher he he.

See you over the weekend sometime. xoxo

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home