Friday, July 07, 2006

Oh My!



Today, while tackling a laundry pile the size of K2, I realised I have a problem. A problem which is the cause of a laundry pile equivalent to the highest mountain in the world.

I am a pedantic launderess. I know that everyone sorts into piles of towel, whites, colours etc, but I have to take it one step further.

Not only do I do all of the above, I do a pink load, a blue load, a black load, a dark greens and blues load, and of course, whites...I read somewhere that you shouldn't wash teatowels with bath towels, so I took that on board in a flash! Light coloured towels, bright towels, pale towels. Tea towels and dish cloths get a load all their own in very hot water.

Then, of course, there are delicates, and other things that require a separate load.

*sigh* No wonder I am forever doing laundry and never quite caught up!

--------------------oOo--------------------

10 Comments:

Blogger shellyC said...

Oh My Flossy...you could have found a new illness!!! Just Kidding!! Would love to know how you would have coped when I had two washing days a MONTH (and small kids)...in Switzerland that was!! Believe it or not it worked really well.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

flossy, get a washtub and a scrub board and I think you will change your sorting habits. :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You're not alone!! And I've just had my sister and her kids here and the washing machine decided it had had enough and died. So until the new one was delivered, I had about ten piles of washing in the spare room - white towels, coloured towels, white clothes, blue clothes, red/pink clothes, trousers, dish towels... and so it went on. The washing machine arrived two days ago and I'm still trying to catch up.

12:58 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Boy you go the extra mile when you wash.. guess I am not that much into it..I just get it done and it is over with for awhile!! Have a great day!!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

I just knew there was a reason we are kindred spirits! LOL! By the way, watch your post box. I sent something off to you today, just because I can! ;P

3:58 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Eyes bugged out at the thought of so many loads!!
:-O

4:32 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

Ummmmm Flossy? They call that LAUNDRY-ITIS!! lol I've never heard of anyone doing their laundry that way but now I have:-)

6:20 AM  
Blogger HORIZON said...

lol- your laundry organising sounds like my mum's- perhaps a bit like me too (says in hushed tones).
Love the hanging peg bags- your very creative!
**Happy Birthday Flossy** Enjoy your evening out!
-l was visiting Pea and thought l'd stop by.
I too bite my nails, drink lots of tea, am terrified of spiders, don't wear white for the same reasons-lol need l go on?
Bests,

10:55 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Well, to each his own, as they say. I sort mine the standard way - undies, woollens, other clothes, sheets, towels and linens.
One of my home care clients tosses everything in together and I cringe every time I get it all out to hang on the line for her. We are going through a little educating phase at the moment; I have persuaded her to at least put the bra in with the first load of towels and other clothes, not with the second load of black tracksuit pants...She is so happy that her bras are white again, not grey!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Sweet picture..and I think your colors stay pretty with the care you take.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home