Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ramblings

It was back to school yesterday for my cherubs, however Miss Brooklyn has been afflicted with the flu, poor baby, so she stayed home. She isn't much better today, so another day home for her. She caught it off her father when she was there on the weekend, and she is running a temperature, has a headache and a cough. Not nice.

As a consequence, I didn't really get too much done - not as much as I had planned anyway. No matter, as I am slowly working my way through my to-do list and it's not going anywhere! LOL

I do need to get moving on making things though. On August 5th, I am having a party plan thingy for all my goodies that I make. Why I do this to myself is anybody's guess, but I work better to a deadline! So tis lots of sewing and soapmaking for me in the next few weeks!!

I went to the library yesterday. Am I the only one who goes there and only checks out craft books? LOL
I do read other types of books, but learning how to make new things is definitely my favourite way to pass any spare time I may get :)

Speaking of books, a couple of months ago, I bid on, and won a whole bunch of Alexandra Stoddard books on ebay. Thirteen of them. They were from the States, but I ended up only paying $2 - plus $20 postage. Still a huge bargain! Well, they finally arrived, and I am so excited and can't wait to start devouring them. One is even autographed.
So I shall have lots of new ways and ideas to make everything in my life as lovely as can be :) and that, in my mind, is always a good thing...

So what is on the agenda for today? Hmmm, a little laundry (of course), and then I think a little sewing of aprons - and possibly a couple of tote bags too - Flossy Totes LOL. And maybe a ruffled bag? We shall see how much I get done then.

Have a perfectly perfect day, talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

You guys start school early there. Ours starts here in the middle of August and I think that is really soon. When I was in school back in the OLE' days we waited until after labor day which is Sept 1st to go back to school. I hope that your little one gets better. Several of my blogging friends have the flu.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hope Brooklyn gets to feeling better soon!
Have fun with what you enjoy I say!!
:-D

8:11 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

How exciting about the books! I can only imagine what great fun that was.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Lol, I was just thinking to myself that I have been checking out Alexandra Stoddard books instead of craft books at the library and then I read in the next paragraph you don't need to check any of her books out!

Lucky lucky you! I do hope Miss Brooke feels better soon!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Mmmmm lots of stirring and sewing for you my dear girl. I made bath milk today with oatmeal of course lol. Tonight it will be bath salts and goodness knows what else. Happy reading those glorious books of yours (green with envy) my sweet! xox

4:49 PM  
Blogger Lee-ann said...

Flossy enjoy your reading and sewing it is so rewarding reading a good book and crafting.

I love that I can call you flossy as my little grandchilds name is florence and we call her flossy - a beautiful name.

a creative day or two for you!I would say.
best wishes

5:43 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Like you I need to work to a deadline and leave things to the last minute!
Look forward to the photos.
shellyx

6:08 PM  
Blogger PEA said...

Awwww I do hope Miss Brooklyn feels better real soon! School won't restart here until the beginning of September so the parents have a while yet to go stir crazy! lol Good luck with all the crafting and hope you have time to enjoy your books:-)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home