Tuesday, September 12, 2006

MP3 Blues

I need a tech head in my house...

Miss Brooklyn recently acquired (from her father) an iPod Nano, so on Sunday evening, being the good mummy I am, I sat down in front of the computer to install and get it up and running for her.
Unfortunately, she got what seems to be a dud - it will not do what it's supposed to do. After many phone calls to the support line (in India) culminating in me being extremely frustrated, I rang a real live Australian here in Brisbane. I have to take it into a service centre. Did you know Apple will not refund? I'm sure that isn't allowed...

So in the meantime, I thought I would buy her a Sony Mp3 - Gabbie has one and has had no problems with it. Once the iPod is fixed, I can have it.

So I duly returned home and tried to get it up and running. I cannot transfer any songs to the #^*%^ thing!! The software works fine for Gabbie's, but not for the new one - it's error messages all the way.

I am so disappointed and frustrated - I now have over $400 worth of Mp3 players sitting around pretty much useless at this point. Sigh.

I am not going to try and do any more with them, it only makes me angry and upset. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

--------------------oOo--------------------

12 Comments:

Blogger shellyC said...

You can borrow the tech head who lives in my house.....he will do anything to get to Queensland!!!!
shelly

11:54 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Sorry I cant help you...I cant even change the template on my blog or reset the clocks on daylight savings day. lol

12:27 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hiya.... Don't you hate that!
I might be able to help you... I will email you later luvy. Gotto pick up my chickens from the community pen lol.
xox Nic

2:21 PM  
Blogger norththreads said...

My sisters worked for only a week & is frapped now too...oh boy, guess, I'll scratch that off my wishlist!

2:22 PM  
Blogger littlejennywren said...

I share your frustration. My daughter's litle MP3 player has just decided to give up the ghost . It was a freebie when we changed ISP companies so expectations weren't high but I thought it would last longer than 4 weeks.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi

Bummer about the Ipod and MP3. Ring Consumer Affairs and found out about the refund/exchange policy. They may be able to help.

Mum xoxo

5:41 PM  
Blogger Remiman said...

This may not help, and you may have already tried.
My son gave me an ipod-nano for Christmas last year, and I experienced the same problems that you've described here.
I plugged it into my laptop and let it charge for a few hours, reinstalled the softwear and rebooted the computer and voila everything worked as advertised.
Worth a try?
rel

p.s. love your new page

7:15 PM  
Blogger cityfarmer said...

Don't look at me...that would be myDH who does all my techy stuff for me...love your page,too

3:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Aha! Your new 'look' lets me post a comment! At LAST! It took me a while to find you again actually...until I had enough sense to click on the link to your site ON MY OWN BLOG. Duh! I LOVE your new look and I think it is quite unusual and stunning. Very lovely! I have no advice about MP3's because I cannot figure out music and the internet! I just can't! People talk about their Ipods and their blackberries and text messaging and I feel like a dinosaur!

5:13 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

Flossyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...welcome back:-) I thought we had lost you forever!! lol I love your new look! When I saw you comment on one of my posts I thought Yippeeeee she's back!! hehe Really glad to have you back among the bloggers, you've been missed. Sorry can't help you with the iPod problems...I know nothing about them. Hopefully you can get a refund one way or another on them!!

7:36 AM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

I'd love to be able to suggest something to help - but I'm afraid I've only got experience with iPods, and even then we didn't have any problems installing them. If you were closer I'd send the hubby over - he's a computer programmer and hideously good at things like this... I'd definitely take as much as you can back, try to get a refund (shouldn't be a problem for the Sony at least...) and start from scratch. But how annoying!

Also could it be that you are installing two versions of the Sony software onto your computer? One for Gabbie's and another for Brooklyn's? That is a common problem, software clashes. Uninstall the second version and if they are compatable, try using just the one bit of software.

Good Luck!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Good Luck Flossy Dear!!!
I'm sure I would not know the first thing to tell you about it...other than doing a +*+techi+*+ dance...I don't know what to tell ya!
hey, my rain dances work...ask your Momma!
;-D

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home