Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rambles

That's the thing about having a new computer - it's like a blank canvas. There is nothing there - no clutter...nothing.

This can pose a bit of a problem - some sites I want to visit are firmly ensconced on my favourites list on the OLD computer - and I have no idea of the URL.
Fortunately, I still have the old dinosaur, and will spend today puttering around and "decorating" the laptop with my must-have sites and programs.

Because today is windy, I will also do a few loads of laundry and try to catch up from the rain we have been having. Yes rain! Probably not enough, but welcome, nevertheless, in this corner of the world. Now that things have dried out, I have discovered a leak in the pipes at the road. It seems to be fairly substantial (underground) as there is a large puddle at the bottom of our hill. On the agenda this morning - ring the council and see how long it takes them to fix it given the current water shortages we are having.

I also need to make seven black headbands for my netball girls to wear in the Grand Final on Saturday - that should be a reasonably quick and simple job. Famous last words...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a marvellous new (to me) way of getting exercise! A rebounder. You know, a mini-trampoline. What I like the most is it is no impact on my poor joints which are taking a hammering every time I play netball. I can jump on (haha!) for 30 minutes in the morning and do a gentle workout or get a bit more enthusiastic about it. All the information I have read points out that it is very good for lymphatic flow - which improves so many things.
I have put on weight in the last month or so, and I'm hoping this will help to tone me up and drop a couple of centimetres from my stomach, hips and thighs...
I will let you know.

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Isn't this wind wild?
I woke up to a great crash and bash of winds knocking over whatever falls into it's path. No rain here yet... but fingers crossed. We even have all the sound effects of a squall.... whooshings, whistlings and gustings.... sounds like a bloomin hurricane. The freshness is amazing though and I too will be spinning the clothesline around a fair bit with blankets and doonas and the like. I'd love to open all my windows but I'm too scared all my dainty little bits and pieces will become victim of the winds... picture frames, crystal, children lol... toodles luvy.
xox Nic

7:50 AM  
Blogger Garden girl said...

oh good to see you back - I was getting worried you might not come back to us! looking forward to all your new posts!! and news.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

You are always so busy!

11:23 AM  
Blogger norththreads said...

Welcome back to blogland! Weve missed you much you know...my kindered spirit! I thought of you the other day which was funny-we were talking about travelling & taking a family vacation to Aussie land. Anyways maybe in the next year or two it may happen! missed your posts much..look forward to your pretties!
~cheers~
Ang

11:51 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Happy Jumping Flossy...Watch that wind and all that jumping...You could go flying away...smile!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Calidore said...

Welcome back. I've missed you. Sounds like you have been very busy though - now do you want to do my housework...lol. You sound like you have so much enthusiasm and life in you - just like a breath of fresh air.

Hugs

Catherine

2:15 PM  
Blogger miss*R said...

Hi Flossy ! thanks for visiting the new me (long story) xo hope we can keep in touch - I just joined curves, that is fun!

4:12 PM  
Blogger sharonkay said...

I love the new look. Have you looked in to the bata blogger? Welcome back we missed you.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hey Miz Flossy!!!
Welcome Back!!
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for dropping by my blog this week while I was away!
I love the new look on your blog...and as I have put on 25 pounds I may have to invest in a rebounder myself!!!
:-D

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home