Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday

I love Spring, don't you? It's all about renewal, a chance to start with a blank page if you will - almost like January 1st.
So I have finally gotten up off my backside and out into the garden. A load of topsoil needed to be delivered before I could even think about the vege garden, but it came yesterday, and after spreading and raking the garden is right to go! I have seeds of tomatoes (2 types), lettuce, capsicum and cucumber germinating in trays as we speak. The carrots, shallots, watermelon and sunflower seeds I have will, of course, go directly into the garden. I don't seem to have any corn, which is unusual. I will order some today (along with whatever else takes my fancy) and they should be here by the end of the week - only organic seeds in this garden!

My roses are starting to flower beautifully and after the rain we have had, the garden is looking as lush as I have ever seen it. I picked a big bunch of gerberas to put on the table yesterday. They are a beautiful pale orange and are so pretty...

School holidays have so far been uneventful. Today is the day we get into Gabbie's bedroom and clean and declutter and organise - a big job, but I have to get her out of bed first! Typical teenager :)

It's kind of difficult to get any soap made with the kids floating in and out of the kitchen all day long, but I will try and get at least one batch made in the next week!

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger littlejennywren said...

It's wonderful when Spring just gets into your system and forces you to do something. Your vegie garden sounds like it is going to be great.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

It is so funny to hear you speak of spring when here the shadows are getting longer and it won't be long till Ol' Jack Frost will appear on the pumpkins!!
:-D

9:34 AM  
Blogger PEA said...

I remember how hard it used to be to get anything done around the house when the kids were home...now I have no one to dirty the house and I'm bored! lol We've already had some frost in the mornings so while your flowers are blooming, mine are freezing!! Hugs!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

while you are waking up your garden and getting it going I am putting mine to bed and covering it up for the winter. Enjoy your spring! I am so ready for cold weather!

11:59 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

It is still hot here in the Southeastern part of the United states but we keep hoping that soon some of the Fall air will be coming in. Sometimes a little of it drips by and just temps us a little. I heard that the weekend might be better for us. I have not been feeling the best. I have jury duty tomorrow so I am not looking forward to that. Nice seeing you back. Have fun in your garden...Sandy

12:11 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

I have a new appreciation for all things spring, it's a beautiful season, especially in the garden. You'll have to snap some photos when your veg are planted! I picked our first pumpkin here, so you can tell it's definitely autumn here.

Enjoy your trays of seedlings (I remember the insane amount of pleasure I got from tending mine!) :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger cityfarmer said...

I'm wishing it was spring here!!!!!!!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

How did you like that storm the other night? Our back patio flooded lol and the chickens ran around screaming that the world was ending lol.
I too adore spring... though it seems that summer is starting to push in line a bit... and I have had to put the air cons on a couple of days already.
Are you going insane with the school holidays yet? We are off to the movies tonight or tomorrow.... not sure which movie yet as there are heaps of good chicken movies on.
Much much love to you, Nic xox.

11:23 AM  
Blogger norththreads said...

Is it really Spring there? How exciting!!!!! Fall just came here & its getting nippy! Wish I could rotate the seasons! Oh yeah,....I am pretty wrinkly already from the hottub! I cant get out!!!Thanks for visiting!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home