Monday, October 09, 2006

5 Weird Things Meme

Having seen this on a heap of blogs (and quite possibly tagged I think!) I have decided to do this one...

Weird Thing #1
I am considered "weird" by all my friends - and immediate family too! Mainly because - well, I think they think I'm crazy;lala;doolally;bonkers.

Weird Thing #2
Despite being only thirty something, I like (in Miss Gabbie's words) "old-fogey music". Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Glenn Miller, Billie and Etta and Louis and even Dizzy. My very favourite piece of music in the whole, entire world is Pachelbel's Canon.
But Beyonce's voice can move me to tears too...

Weird Thing #3
I am addicted to magazines - Country Living (both British and American), Handmade, Organic Gardening, Romantic Homes, Green Earth, and the list goes on and on.
I would move to the States for the magazines alone!

Weird Thing #4
I desperately want to travel, but my fear of flying keeps me at home (for now). I was fine until I had kids...now I have all sorts of strange worries. I think it stems from the nastiness of today's society.

Weird Thing #5
I read lots of blogs, but lately I have been to darn lazy to comment - my apologies :)
I'm going through an introspective phase, where I think alot, and talk very little. I hardly leave the house and am happy to be cloistered away from the world.
In a month, however, I could be the ultimate party animal!

Not tagging no one for this, because I think most everyone's done it already!

--------------------oOo--------------------

12 Comments:

Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
Well you are right, we do have much in common. Go figure!
I hate to fly but my love of seeing new places outweighs my fear. ( my children however are proper adults in their own right now).
I subscribe to a slew of magazines. Some, the same as yours.
I browse lots of blogs.
We have similar likes in music.
Weird goes without saying!
Too coincidental.
rel

9:10 AM  
Blogger littlejennywren said...

I feel in desparate need to hide out at home and be introspective for days on end but I don't really have the opportunity at the moment. Perhaps it is the weather or just because we are weird.

11:25 AM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Flossy, you sound way too grounded to be considered 'doolally' by anyone! Are you SURE your friends really think this?!

I can relate to the increased fears and worries since having children. Anything to do with their health or happiness stresses me in particular. On the other hand, I am better able to let the small stuff go. Mostly!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I agree with what everyone else said....lol.... really I do!

I would do this meme but I don't think I could limits my weirdness to just three things lol.

Much love, Nic xox.

10:56 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

I haven't done it yet! i will put it in the Q. How funny is this? i got a call from someone and signed up to receive about 10 magazines a month at a ridiculous price.

now finding the time to read them. :wink:

nice blog template.

4:56 AM  
Blogger CindyDianne said...

What happens in a month that will have you being a party animal? Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I must be weird too because none of your lists is weird to me!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

You sound pretty normal to me...just my kind of gal me thinks!
Love you just the way you are dear Flossy. :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger cityfarmer said...

Been missin ya!!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Then I need to call myself weird too!!! Mind you I already do.

I am now a bit funny about flying but am fine if hubby, the kids and I all fly together. I figure whereever we go at least we are together!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hey Miz Flossy,
I am just catching up with everyone after working the past two days...I miss everyone so much!!
I love magazines too...hehe!!
:-D

3:55 AM  
Blogger norththreads said...

Wow your as weird as me LOL! Just kidding but Im definaitly a magazine hoarder & freaked of flying!!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home