Thursday, October 12, 2006

Is It Thursday Already?

Well, it has been an interesting week thus far, some of the interest I could have lived without though!
Monday was fairly quiet. My girlfriend Kim, who I play netball with on Tuesdays, called to see if I wanted to look at investment properties with her after netball the next day. Being an extremely nosy type, of course I said yes!
We won our game and jumped in Kim's car ready for some house-hunting...going straight ahead through a green light, we were cut off by a @$%*()(^%$@# idiot turning right - from the left of us!!!! Poor Kim had no chance of not hitting him, fortunately we weren't going fast , so we weren't injured. But would you believe this moron then just drove straight off? I still can't believe that someone could cause an accident and drive away wothout stopping. Unfortunately, it all happened so fast we didn't get his number plate, and to be honest I wasn't expecting him to do a runner! *Insert a not very nice description here*

On a brighter note, I am making plans to do some travelling - not for a couple of years yet though. Let me explain...

Every year, when the Grade 12 kids finish school, it is tradition to celebrate with their friends at Schoolies Week usually on the Gold Coast. It is turning into something closer to a week of drunken revelry, drugs and sexual assault.
As Gabbie is going into Grade 11 next year, it is something to think about - and my thoughts are "no way!!"
So instead, I am taking her on a month-long trip to Europe. She wants to go to France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. (Save, save, save! Thank goodness I have 2 years.)
Any advice on the best way to go about a trip like this would be most gratefully received. At this stage I am thinking of renting a place in France as a base and heading out and about from there...

That has been my week so far - today I have stayed inside and been very quiet! I'm hoping for a nice, relaxing weekend...wish me luck LOL.

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely :-) Most of the times when I`ve travel around Europe, I`ve stayed at B&B`s or at a camping ground... But renting a house in France sounds both wonderful & practical!
Enjoy the planning, which I think is a fun part of the trip as well :-)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

what a nice trip! the 2 of you will love it and make lots of memories.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Sorry to hear about that accident. Glad you and your friend were not hurt! What a shocker that the guy just drove off...that would be infuriating. You are a good Mom to plan a special trip to Europe and to protect your girl from the popular 'poisons' of this day and age we live in. Some will have many regrets and heartaches from going along with the crowd.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Forgot to mention...my, is your blog pretty. Is this called wallpaper I wondor?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Calidore said...

I'm so glad the two of you weren't hurt in the accident. Some people are just mornons.

As for "schoolies week" there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell my kids will ever go to that. What a wonderful idea to have a trip overseas - a delight for both of you.

8:38 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

Crumbs, Gabbie *is* lucky! It'll be so much fun for the both of you and an experience for her that she'll carry on into life. I think the renting idea is great, and it being France, you'll be able to visit neighbouring countries very easily ~ a mere train ride from Paris to London, with good links to Amsterdam and Germany etc.

Sorry to hear about the accident, I completely know how you feel, it's such a scary thing, but the good thing is that neither of you were hurt in any way!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

oh! oh! oh! Can I come??
hehehe...seriously what a wonderful and unforgettable experience for the 2 of you to share, absolutely wonderful.
Since it is for one month and you have all those places to see, I personally would just move around from one destination to another. Saves on time and on money maybe??
Just my thoughts. You have all this time to put it all together and save for a trip of a lifetime.
I personally dream of visiting and spending time living in all those places, so anytime spent there would be magnificent.

I'm glad the accident was only minor, and as for the stupidity of some people ~ grrrr!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Marie said...

Thank the Lord no one was seriously hurt. God was looking out and the villian will get his eventually.

As for your trip a friend of mine went for the summer and they stayed at Youth Hostiles in several places for overnight stays. Most they said were very nice and safe. I would think they would be worth checking out.

My daughter just came back from England and she said motels were outrageous. I don't know about the rest of Europe. They also went on Priceline and put in bids for motels so they did get them much cheaper that way.

Glad I stopped by!

10:25 AM  
Blogger cityfarmer said...

Guardian angels to be sure!!!!!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home