Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Feet...

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are now recovered and thinking of the bright and wonderful New Year ahead.
Have you decided yet what it is you will do to make (y)our world a happier, kinder place?

The children and I have just returned from the cinema where we saw the George Miller film "Happy Feet".
It's the story of Mumble, an Emperor penguin who doesn't fit in. Instead of singing, he is a dancing penguin.
It has all the requirements for a family movie - laughs, scary bits and the obligatory message - in this case an environmental one, although I think it was only there for the storyline. I don't think it was meant to be an environmental movie, as the ending was kind of ridiculous - if only it was that easy in the real world...

The kids enjoyed it, purely for it's entertainment value, but I'm only going to give it 5 out of 10 stars.
However, it showed a trailer of the next movie I want to see - "Miss Potter".
Can't wait for that one, starring Renee Zelleweger as Beatrix Potter, the girls want to see it too. Looks lovely.

In other news, I am enjoying my little Christmas break. For those of you who didn't know, I am now working full-time. I love it, but it has been a bit of a culture shock, getting used to not being home, and the lack of time - time I used to take for granted. I really make the most of the weekends now, whereas before I went to work, Saturday was just another day, as was Sunday.
I'm pretty lucky, I don't have to leave until after 7.30 in the mornings, but of course that means I don't get home until nearly 6pm.
Fortunately, the kids are on holidays and old enough to help out quite a bit. Miss Gabbie has been cooking up a storm - I'm not quite sure what I will do when school starts again! I guess it gives me a little time to ease into the mass organisation it requires. LOL

Well, I shall go and do a little blog-hopping now.
Talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger shellyC said...

So so so so so glad you are back. How is Nikki?

Love the new colour and banner on your blog too. Enjoy your time at home -

Love Shelly

10:17 AM  
Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
You'll manage!
You seem to have a knack for managing time.
rel

7:32 PM  
Blogger norththreads said...

HI Flossy!
I really did think you stopped blogging forever! I MUST add you on my link list again! Hope you & your family had a wonderful holidays & a relaxing time!
~cheers~
Angie

1:08 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

We say 'Happy Feet' too and I absolutely loved it! Did you get the emssage screaming out to all the world? A bit hard to miss I think.

Glad that you are back with us. I did miss you lots and lots. Lots of love, Nic xox.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home