Friday, January 05, 2007

And 5 Days Into It...

How are y'all going with the resolutions?

Me? Well, I am trying to be thoughtful and mindful in the things I do - not an easy task really. We are pretty much a brainwashed mob, aren't we? Taught - even encouraged - to think only of what we want and bugger everyone else. I think that being aware magnifies the awfulness of everyday human behaviour. Sad, but true. To help soothe my feelings of discomfort with the world, I am reading a book called Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson. It seems to help.

I have also started walking again in the mornings - something that fell quickly by the wayside when I started work. I have a sedentary job and have gone from an active lifestyle to sitting on my a** all day! Add Christmas, and boy have I gained some pounds - ugh. I gotta get me some more exercise and how!

Over the Xmas break, I completely decluttered the cottage, something I have been trying to do for a long time. Next weekend we are having a big garage sale, so the next few days will be spent in preparation - cleaning, organising and pricing all the treasure.

So until next time...

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
I resolved to stay on this side of the grass for another year, one day at a time.
So far so good!
rel

7:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hiya.... Happy New Year Susie! Monday is my D-day for starting to get my a*** into gear. No more delaying now.

Lots of love, Nic xox.

6:55 PM  
Blogger jellyhead said...

Hi Flossy,

I think we have all gained a few pounds over Xmas - you are not alone! We'll lose it ...with a bit of exercise and restaint!

I agree it is so hard to change behaviour... I am trying a few things at the moment but keep slipping up. Ah well, practice makes perfect, right? Or rather - practice makes better!

8:27 AM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

A few pounds? I have half a horse to lose! I have vowed to get some more exercise in somehow ~ I'm glad my work keeps me on my feet.

Good luck with the garage sale, we could definitely do with one of those!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

You sound busy Flossy :-)
I hope you take the time to breath & relax as well? :-)
Love,
Elisabeth

12:54 AM  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

Of course, I meant breathe ;-)

12:54 AM  
Blogger carol said...

hi flossy
what a great name you have
and i love your template
carol

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home