Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Is it ridiculous, do you suppose, to miss something as changeable as weather?

Living in the sub-tropics doesn't suit me in the slightest. I do not enjoy the heat, humidity, nor rain in summer.

Perhaps not all will understand, but I am yearning for seasons, not just hot and cold.

Give me a grey winter day with the rain drizzling anytime.
I don't believe I could ever be one of those afflicted with SAD. I love nothing better than dark days - when I can snuggle inside and potter around to my hearts content.
This sort of thing doesn't happen here. Our grey and rainy days (few and far between) are hot and steamy as well, and it just doesn't sit right with me!

I also desperately miss gardening.
It is such a struggle to grow things without water and with too much heat. Granted, I am a cottage garden kind of girl, and that is nigh on impossible to achieve in those conditions.

But I can't grow veges either - especially not now that we're not allowed to water our gardens...

So, to this end, I am still trying to convince my family it's time to move.
A temperate climate for me!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
So when can we expect you?
rel

9:54 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I hope you let me know where you go

1:48 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

It sounds like you want to come to sunny ol' Blighty! I know what you mean though, of late our seasons have been a bit out of whack, although we do still have bitingly-cold days and very dark nights in winter!

8:26 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Flossy it sounds like you need to book yourself a ticket to England. You will be able to have half a year of grey dark days!! Summer there is fabulous and gardens thrive!!! Cottage gardens especially!! I lived there for a few years and then discovered that I can be afflicted with SAD!!! I crave the sun and blue sky - it can be freezing but I need the sun. I used to go and have sunbeds in England in winter just so I could feel the sunshine. I could have turned green for all I cared, I just needed that feeling of sunshine! I am desperate to move to QLD. You would get season here in Canberra. Let's just swap houses!!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

I hear you!! and can totally relate, having
been born and bred in the tropics (Darwin).
I adore the changing seasons, being able to have a cottage garden and grow vegies to my hearts content. Since moving here (Tassie), I have come into my own.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Okay... lets all follow Kali to Tasmania. I harbour a secret (not so secret anymore) desire to live in Tassy. Cooler climate and lush gardens. Mmmmmmm Autumn will be here before you know and hopefully the weather will be permitting for us. xox Nic

9:08 PM  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

I love the seasons but right now, I could sure to with a bit of sun and warmth! It's freezing cold outside!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home