Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday

This morning has dawned bright and clear for the local show that is on this weekend. After a very grey week, nature has come up with a spectaclar day for the kids to have some fun!

Miss*Gabbie and I turned home from netball very late last night - but the girls were victorious! Next week they are in the Grand Final.

My goodness they have had such a big year. To start with, every Friday night since April 17 we have driven 45 minutes to the State Netball Centre. They have played some hard games to get where they are, believe me!
On top of that, in June they went to State Age Championships (around 185 teams on average) - they went through their division (2) undefeated and took home the trophy.
At the end of July we travelled to Bundaberg - around 5 hours away - for Country Carnival. For the first time in 5 years, our girls made division 1 - a huge achievement. Unfortunately, they didn't place, but they played their hearts out that weekend!

This squad of 10 young girls from a little town outside of Brisbane, have made Netball Queensland sit up and take notice this year. All their hard work, blood, sweat and tears (literally!) has paid off.

I couldn't be prouder of all of them.

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger VintagePretty said...

I bet you are proud, it must be such hard work, but really enjoyable! Have a lovely week - and good luck for the Grand Final!

12:36 AM  
Blogger T*mmy said...

Welcome back Miz Flossie!!

You remember me doncha...Kentucky Gal??

Only I'm not Kentucky Gal anymore...I'm T*mmy over at My Gentle Retreat...your link to me in your sidebar goes to a blog that was taken over by spammers...

I so enjoy reading your Mum and now am so glad you are back!
:)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Remiman said...

Welcome back to the fold kiddo.
rel

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home