Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday

Let me see, what has happened since we last spoke?

Well, I am now the proud owner of an exercise bike, which I (and the girls too) are riding away into the sunset on :)
I find that "interval training" is the most effective way to go - that means riding like a madwoman for 12 seconds, then recovering for 8 seconds etc etc. It is a good cardio workout, and less time on the bike. We have set the downstairs room up as a gym, with the rebounder, skipping rope and aTV and DVD for those exercise programmes I am going to get!

In the meantime, I have got myself a job doing nightfill (stacking shelves) at the local supermarket - I am also waiting to hear about another job - it's a temp office job for 5 months. Hopefully I will get that one too and I can save some money to do some studying.

My plan is to eventually (haven't worked out timing yet) relocate to Tasmania.
I have had enough of the heat and drought here in Queensland, and all my research shows Tassie to be the kind of place I will really enjoy living in.
A slower lifestyle, less people, fantastic food!!

Talk soon...

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Oh Flossy ~ you're coming to Tassie!!!
I was brought up in Darwin, and just love living here... I don't want to go on too much about it, but have taken to it like a duck to water.
I love having 4 distinct seasons, the produce is to die for, the scenery awe inspiring.
I now have a garden that is something close to what I've always dreamt of.
You're from NZ originally (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I think the climate would be quite similar.
Good luck with all your exercising...it all sounds like you're setting up really well, and also with your job hunting!
xo Kali

5:00 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

You put me to shame with your exercise, it's something I really should do, but find so difficult to get started doing. I'm sure if I had a friend to go on power-walks with it'd be something! However I do have a dog, so there's always the impetus for long walks, and she doesn't mind what speed we walk at - the faster the better.

Relocating to Tasmania sounds fabulous, I've heard it's more like England in its temperatures (though I suspect quite a bit warmer). It sounds like a really good thing to do.

9:40 PM  
Blogger shellyC said...

Good on you for the excercise bike - keep on riding!!

Me- i am slowly getting my bum to the gym!

You want cold - I have always said i will do a straight swap with you!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mandi said...

I would love to go to Tassie too...we are in Jersey at the moment and one dy will have to return to Oz...we have a house in Denmark WA....but I know i will miss the four seasons so much, so Tassie could be our only option...keep letting us know how yout Tassie arrangments go... Mandi

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home