Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Appliance Wednesday

All I seem to be posting about these days is what I have been spending my money on!
Today is no different...

The toaster died the other day - it was fine one minute and then just gave up, poor thing. I happened to really like my toaster. It was a old friend that had been around for about 7 years. Hand picked by me, for me. I took it as a personal affront when it decided it didn't want to be with me any more!

Anyway, yesterday I went toaster shopping (thrilling I know). I wanted something stylish and I wanted a kettle to match (as ours is leaking).
Now normally when I know what it is I want, I can never find it, but - oh joy!

Thank you Morphy Richards for the super cute kettle and the very stylish matching toaster

I am officially very happy with them although I really wanted red (actually pink would have been even better, but in Australia? Not a chance), but the store didn't have the jug in red :(

The other thing I came home with was an epilator. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks and soulds like it could be quite a painful way to remove hair! I will let you know when I summon the courage to try it out. Why buy it I hear you ask? Because it's pretty much turned into summer here and I am sooo over shaving my legs!

Today will be spent doing my favourite household chore - the laundry. No I am not being sarcastic.
I will wash, hang, fold and iron to my little heart's content today...

Talk soon.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Your new appliances are super cute and stylish Flossy ~ love 'em.
I had an epilator years ago, and it was so painful for me (though I am from Southern European stock, ie. hairier than some...LOL).
I gave it to my step~daughter and she had no problems with it and used it often.
I'm washing and drying bedroom sheets today, so we can keep each other company in spirit...haha.
hooroo for now, xo Kali

11:08 AM  
Blogger Remiman said...

Flossy,
Curious, I'm doing my laundry this morning.
I hate it when the toaster goes up too...It's never at a convenient time. But on the other hand, why would it go up if I wasn't using it...duh!
Have a great weekend.
rel

6:37 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

We have a similar toaster, same colour but #44009!

Epilators are a bit painful, but the effects last longer than a razor. Though I think now I'm one of those hairy-legged feminists ;) hehe.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Mmmmmmm red appliances. I dream about a kitchen filled to the brim with red appliances. White glossy cupboard doors... mint green and pale pink wallpaper.... loads of stylish lighting.... pots and pans hanging from the antique ladder.... storage storage storage.... oh gosh, must have been dreaming again! Well... I'm off to have another fight with a razor blade lol.. you lucky girl... but you can't possibly tell me it's pain free? Take care.. Nic xox

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home